Need Help - FS9 crashes in Daytime

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Ok, I know this, but to me it should have been unrelated. I hand remover a old version of Traffic 2004 that had updates. I got tired of the poor looking AI Aircraft. In the process I had to delete the AI craft from the aircraft folders-all were named My***
I also had some files that I had to assume were related to it all simply because of name and date.
When I restarted the sim, the AI planes were no longer coming upp under aircraft choices (GOOD), but I hit a test flight at night at KSEA--Everything loaded up fine, except there were NO AI at all-nothing. That too was Ok with me, as I am planning to buy and install a newer better AI system. But here is where I hit the big problem, I then reset it to go fly at another airport where it was daytime. While loading up the terrain-screen went black--CRASH! I tried this at several places--
I then started off at early dawn in at a airport that was dead stock, as soon as the sun began to near rising - BLACK Screen CRASH.

SO what I have is a flightsim that will NOT run at any time except NIGHT.

Obviously something got screwed up with reading the scenery files? I checked the AF2 files, they are there- I need some sort of help on this as I have no ideas what to do to fix it.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Cap,
Drop in disk #1 and choose repair.
If that doesn't to it you will have to uninstall it the Microsoft way and reinstall it.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...