Mcdonalds own aircraft

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Do McDonalds resturant have thier own aircarft. I remember being told about it but I searched the internet and found nothing!

I think its a boeing with red paint all over and the golden arches 'M' on the tail. I also think you get served only mcdonalds food on the flight and it does charter flights to theme parks.......

Is there true or not? Is there a website for it anywhere- anyone know where it is now or got a photo?

Cheers,
Andrew

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

How's this. ROFL
http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/pages/miscdak5.html
Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Of course RM would only put in a DC-3 link. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Yet another proof of the DC-3's versatility! 😳

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Now that we are on the topic of DC-3's, here is a Cookie Time design that has been turned into a cafe in NZ:

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Okay, clear this up for us - according to statistics New Zealand has more sheep than people... how do strangely painted DC-3s rate on that scale ❓
Read Idea

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

LOL- I been inside that McDonalds DC-3 in Taupo in your pic radarman, but it aint the plane I'm talking about.

The one I'm looking for is a jet aircraft....anyone know anything?

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I looked around but didn't find one, that doesn't mean there isn't one somewhere.
Radar

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Okay, clear this up for us - according to statistics New Zealand has more sheep than people... how do strangely painted DC-3s rate on that scale ❓
Read Idea

That is indeed true Tailhook.

Human Population: 4,000,000
Sheep Population: 40,000,000

That is 10 sheep to every person!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

good god a reason to go to a MacDonald's?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Insight wrote:

good god a reason to go to a MacDonald's?

Yeah thats a reason to go - if only it was a flying Mcdonalds restaurant. 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Holy crap earthqu8kes, I think you found it!

Check this page out: http://www.mediamerger.ch/christian/hgr/md83.php

Last edited by ceetee on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

The photos from airliners.net so it'll be real.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well people, after a little bit more research I can confirm it's true- there is a mcdonalds jet airplane!

Infact it is called the 'McPlane' and it is a MD-83 operated by Crossair of Switzerland!

Heres a picture I found of it and you can see the Swiss Cross below the M on the tail and the word cross air written on the engines!

LMAO- I want one for fs2004!

Pro Member First Officer

interesting plane dont u think 🙂 hehehe

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

hmmmm.... is there a download for it anywhere, i can't seem to find one. That plane is awesome though! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Flyboy92

They're coming....

Pro Member First Officer

hmmmm.... is there a download for it anywhere, i can't seem to find one. That plane is awesome though! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Flyboy92

They're coming....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Flyboy92 wrote:

Flyboy92

They're coming....

Check out this post.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10134/mcdonalds-md-83-mcplane-please/
Radar

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

lol i hope the pilot isnt the crazy clown 😂

Pro Member First Officer

WHOA i accidently put two posts in!!! How did that happen??

Flyboy92

They're coming....

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Flyboy92 wrote:

WHOA i accidently put two posts in!!! How did that happen??

Flyboy92

They're coming....

You hit enter twice 🙄

Umm... Who's coming 😳

Pro Member First Officer

im so frustr8ed cuz i cant download the mcplane. 2 many people r logged on right now ugh! 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Don't tell anyone I did this 😂
Click to Download the McPlane ➡
http://fs1.flightsim.com/cgi/kdlr/main/__Jwu2U04O/50/mcplane.zip

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

So what is it just an advertisement for McDonalds like the Ryanair plane that was given a Jaguar cars repaint?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

So what is it just an advertisement for McDonalds like the Ryanair plane that was given a Jaguar cars repaint?

Nope its not an advertisement, heres the real story: "the idea for the McPlane was originally born in the innocent brain of the youngster of a Crossair manager - asking his dad why he couldn't have a hamburger on a plane. Kids can be very insisting on things like that, and dad himself wasn't very satisfied with his answer. Yes, why not? The idea fell on good grounds almost everywhere and in less than a year McPlane(tm) was 'materialized'." You can read the full story here: http://www.mediamerger.ch/christian/hgr/md83.php

Well, I managed to download it from flightsim.com (the fs2002 version works fine in fs2004) thanks to a link from Radarman, and here are some screenshots I took while testing the ole' bird out at Las Vegus:

Hope you like the shots- read the thread here for the aircraft and repaint links; https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10134/mcdonalds-md-83-mcplane-please/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Great screenshots cheekytrolly, I'm glad it worked!
Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...