I'll see you soon

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello dear friends, today I am leaving to my country, Argentina, for vacations and to be with my family during Christmas. In Argentina, I'll probably get connected a few times, but not as much as I do here.

I am going to take pictures of my trip and the flight, if I can. I'm leaving to the airport today, saturday 10th, at 5:20 UTC time.

From Lisbon I'll fly to Madrid via Iberia in probably an A320.
From Madrid to Buenos Aires I'll fly on the A340-600 ❗ ❗

Yes! Did you hear that? Im going to fly on the A340-600!!! My favorite aircraft! And it's going to be my first time flying on that aircraft!! 🙂) I'm soooooo happy!! I can't even resist!

Ha Ha

In the return flight I am also going to be flying on the A340-600 back to Madrid. And finally I'll be flying on the A320 back home.

Flying on the A340-600 will be a step forward for me and a very nice experience I will never forget!

Merry Christmas for everyone. Enjoy the Holidays!

I'll be back home on January 3rd. I wish you all the best for all of you.

Blue skies to all and make smooth landings! 😀

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Have a good trip and a wonderful holiday.
We do expect pictures when you get back.
Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Have a good trip and a great Christmas.

See you when you get back.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Hasta luego Agus.

viaje seguro

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Have a good, safe trip! 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Have a great holdiday Augs, we are all looking forward to your photos on your return.

Merry Christmas!

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Hasta pronto buddy !

I know how much you love Airbus so I can imagine how excited you are to flying on "the big 6" .... 😀 😀

Have a great trip back to Argentina and a fab Christmas and we'll look forward to your pics on your return.

David. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

Have a safe trip and of course a very enjoyable Christmas
🙂 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

cya agus

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Have a great trip and enjoy the A340 😉

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Enjoy your dream bird Agus - Have a great holiday back home!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

good trip agus see ya later and have great holidays

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Talk to you soon Agus! Have fun on the A340. Have a Merry x-mas and a happy New Year! 🍻 HELLO 2006!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Happy holidays

I dont expect you will get any snow so have a snowman 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Happy Holidays Aυγουστινε... 😂 Merry Christmas and good health to you and your family my friend. 😉 😂

We all gonna miss you... Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Mid-flight onboard the A340-600, Agus falls asleep.

All of a sudden he is roused by a distressed airhostess, who is desperately hopping from seat to seat asking every passenger if they have ever had any flight experience with an aircraft of this type, speaking in the calmest voice she can muster (but not doing a very good job). Agus, his interest peaked, perks out one ear and begins to listen attentively. It appears a severe case of food poisoning in the in-flight dinner has gripped the cabin, causing everyone who opted for the fish to become violently ill. Agus thanks God he chose the chicken. The air hostess continues in a flustered tone, revealing that the captain and co-pilot both wolfed down their plates of fish in such huge gulps that they barely took the time to register the mass sickness that was enveloping them. Now both are completely incapacitated, clinging to life in the back of cabin, and there's no one left to fly the plane. Worse still is that the first officer, while swooning forward in his collapse, hit his head off the autopilot system and somehow caused a cataclysmic failure that means the AP is now completely non-operational. The plane is loosing altitude at a whopping 1500 feet per minute. If they don't get someone up to the flight deck quickly who knows what they're doing, this will surely end in disaster.

Tentatively Agus puts up his hand. "Excuse me miss", he says. "I know this doesn't count for much but under the circumstances I thought I'd tell you…” "Yes, yes, anything!" snapped the airhostess. "Well, it turns out that I'm actually extremely versed in the working of Airbus aircraft, this model in particular in fact, and I've actually successfully flown it several times using sophisticated simulator software that I have on my home PC". The airhostess looks very worried. Her pallor has completely disappeared from those once rosey-red cheeks. She mulls it over for a moment before, realising that realistically they have no other option, clears the aisle for him to race to the cockpit and to rectify the situation before it’s too late.

Seated comfortably in the flight deck, Agus grips the sidestick with all his worth. To his relief he soon manages to smooth out the decent. He then radios ATC, informing them of the situation. The controller’s voice let’s on that he is equally nervous at first, but realising that it's either that or certain doom for everyone on board, he clears Agus for an emergency landing at Buenos Aires International. "Fire trucks will be waiting", ATC tell Agus in his native language, "in case the worse should happen". Agus nods solemnly and begins his approach. He begins a slow manual decent to FL19 and tunes the ILS to the frequency of the active runway. He knows all other traffic has been cleared due to the emergency, so his mind his somewhat eased.

Reaching 3,000 feet, Agus yanks the flap lever to the next position. Beads of yellow sweat are now visibly flowing across his brow. His hair is a mess, and his hands are clammy. 1,000 feet above the runway now, and it's getting tense. Agus tries to swallow hard but he finds that his throat is too dry. Just a few more minutes and it'll be all over, he tells himself. And then he'll have done it - landed the plane of his dreams and saved everyone onboard from perishing. Oh what the headlines of the Argentinean press will read in the morning! He's over the runway threshold now. "500", the monotone computer voice says, completely unsympathetic to his plight. "300". "100". Agus arcs the nose of the A340 upwards for the flare and begins to feel through his sidestick the natural inclination of the plane as it begins to just glide easily yet firmly onto the asphalt below, like a feather coming to rest. Nearly there now, easy does it. Agus is just seconds away now from that thud that will mean a perfect landing - just seconds from showing everyone that all those hours playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 were oh so worthwhile. And then, at the most inopportune moment imaginable, he hears the voice of the air hostess behind him. Now is not the time! he thinks. "Excuse me sir", she begins, but Agus says nothing. "Sir, excuse me", she says, a little firmer. Agus wonders why she's talking as if he can't hear her.

"Sir", she says. "Would you like a drink?"

At that moment Agus wakes up for real. Flailing his arms wildly at first in a moment of pure disorientation, he realises to his huge dismay that he is back in his seat, at 35,000 feet, and with the cold realisation that the air hostess who just moments ago seemed to have paved a path to heroism for him is now hovering over him with a large tray of brandy and rum.

"Oh", Agus says groggily. "No I won't have anything".

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

LOL, great story JTH- its good he never landed though because at 100 feet above the runway he still didn't have his landing gear down 😕

I think we have all had that dream of saving an airliner- but do you think you'd actually be able to do it under the pressure of saving the whole cabin full of passengers lives?? 😳

Anyway Agus- have a great trip and merry christmas to you to!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello guys!! I am in Buenos Aires enjoying my great holidays!
I see that there's plenty of posts to read 😀

Well, I'd like to thank everyone for your nice comments!

JTH, I loved your story 😀 When I get back to Portugal I may print it out. I enjoyed the reading very much.
It's true, I chose chiken for dinner 😛 The other option was chiken with rice and something else. My mom said it was fish with chicken.

Andrew, I did have my landing gear down It wasn't written in the story, but I did have my landing gear down 🙂

When I get back to Portugal I will write a trip report with some pictures. I couldn't take pictures of the A340-600 because I didn't have a window seat. The cabin was entirely full. And when I was waiting inside the terminal to board the plane I couldn't see the outside. But nothing to worry...I'll have a window seat on my flight from Buenos Aires to Madrid. And I will take lots of pictures.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I edit my post cause it seems im a litle drunk without drink today. Tee Hee Wacko

Enjoy you holidays Captain Agus....and get us shots 😉

Last edited by Greekman72 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

GLAD TO KNOW YOU SAFE AGUS!!! Enjoy your holidays, and best of luck in your endeavours back home 😉

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Agus0404 wrote:

Hello guys!! I am in Buenos Aires enjoying my great holidays!
I see that there's plenty of posts to read 😀

Well, I'd like to thank everyone for your nice comments!

JTH, I loved your story 😀 When I get back to Portugal I may print it out. I enjoyed the reading very much.
It's true, I chose chiken for dinner 😛 The other option was chiken with rice and something else. My mom said it was fish with chicken.

Andrew, I did have my landing gear down It wasn't written in the story, but I did have my landing gear down 🙂

When I get back to Portugal I will write a trip report with some pictures. I couldn't take pictures of the A340-600 because I didn't have a window seat. The cabin was entirely full. And when I was waiting inside the terminal to board the plane I couldn't see the outside. But nothing to worry...I'll have a window seat on my flight from Buenos Aires to Madrid. And I will take lots of pictures.

😉

Agus I'm glad you like it! 😀 Expect more creative writing in the Fly Away Sim forum soon!

Pro Member Trainee
fuchsias Trainee

glad to see you enjoyed the flight Agus now go enjoy the rest of your trip. Looking forward to the pics
Happy holidays to you and yours 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...