50%  [ 6 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 12

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

what id like to know is where are the forum moderators?

that post was made like 2 hours ago and it still sits there. thats the top job of a moderator catching those types of things its the reason moderators EXIST.

that should have been off two minutes after posted. my son looks at this site he is 11 and in our country and culture we do not see language like that every day.

if post is not gone in 1 hour more i will not let my son view this site any more which is big shame (he is paying member)

excuse me english is my second language

This is taken from a certain topic in FS2004 General forum.

Does this site need more modertors. By looking at the forum homepage I have counted the following member's which have the power to delete post's, they are as follows ➡
Flyaway (Every Forum)
Freadjr (VA only)
Radarman (FS2004 General, Repaint & Off-Topic Forums only)
TTT (Aircraft & Off-Topic Forum Only)
Chris102 (Repaint Forum Only)

Or another way of looking at is this. Should Flyaway have TTT & RM cover every forum.

Who is Freadjr?I've had a look at all his/her post's and counted 16 post's and his/her last post was on 18th September 2003.

I really believe the post in the FS2004 General should stop and as the guest I quoted said there 11yr old child is a PAYING member and will not let their child view such vulgur & rude material.

Comments please and keep them clean.

Regards,
Liono

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The post in question should have came down right a way, but moderating is something I wouldn't want to do. I was a Super Op in an IRC chat room once and I know how much time it can take.

Since being a moderator is a volunteer job unless you have a lot of them chances are there will be times when a moderator isn't on site and having too many can be just as bad as not having enough. It isn't often we get offending posts like the one today, I saw it and decided not to post on it. People who make posts ike that are looking for a reaction and I didn't want to give them the attention they were looking for.

In my opinion the best way to deal with posts like that is to ignore them until they get deleted. If no one posts to them they soon disappear and the one who posted it don't get the satisfaction they were looking for.

I didn't vote in your poll, I don't know if we have enough moderators or not. What I do know is running a web site takes a lot of time and energy, at least one like this one. As long as we have anonymous posters this is going to happen on occasion. I for one am not for banning them, most ask legitimate questions or contribute to the site in some way.

That's my opinion and i'm sticking to it. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry about that post in the General Forum, I was away for a few hours, Flyaway and TTT are up and sober at that time I thought...well it's gone now.
Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Sorry about that post in the General Forum, I was away for a few hours, Flyaway and TTT are up and sober at that time I thought...well it's gone now.
Radar

Read my post, there is no need to be sorry. No one can devote every minute of every day baby-sitting a web site. We all have lives outside of this web site, at least I hope so. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the problem isn't in the number of moderators. It is allowing every miscreant in the world to come here and poop all over things.

If this site were in the US, members under the age of 13 would have to be turned away to comply with US law.

The point is that there are younger members that need to be protected.

Allowing anonymous posts is as crazy as leaving the front door to your home open so that anyone could enter.

Requiring a verified email address (not hotmail, yahoo, etc) for free membership that allows posting, but not downloading.

When a person's identity is known their behavior tends to be better.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Requiring a verified email address (not hotmail, yahoo, etc) for free membership that allows posting, but not downloading.

When a person's identity is known their behavior tends to be better.

You have a good idea there, requiring a valid email address to post as a guest would work for me. No other privileges but posting as a guest.

I know other sites I post on require a valid email address to post and it seems to work well. It eliminates the hit and run posters like the one today.

That would still let guests post but it wouldn't be as easy for them to hide.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Oops! No, No!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I knew that would get your attention.
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Since i try to recover from a real hungover i will say my opinion with less words than the usual(i know...you are all happy for this... Crying or Very sad )

RadarMan and TTT are dooing a great job(if TTT leave his beer barels at side... 😉 ).

The only think this site needs is the precense of Flyaway.He must make clear if he cant moderate the forums which he is responsible(its obvious that he cant do it..and i resepct every reason which cause this).

The point for me is that this site needs a litle refreshing(like my brain after last night... Ill )

With this fact he must put RadarMan and TTT responsibles to more forums.If for their reasons cant efford this load(which is big)Flyaway have to put more moderators in the moderating list.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I say NO WAY - our current moderators are doing an excellent job and it is to their credit that these forums have this friendly, layback feeling about it.
I know that I step on some peoples toes occasionally but to my credit, I actually read the posts and most of them (unless my computer throws a spanner in the works) - I therefore know that there are at least 20 members who would just love to "moderate" and throw their weight around.

I assure you, anyone of those 20 or so would simply destroy this board and consequently the site.

Should the need for an extra moderator arise, let the mature members decide among themselves (rather than having another silly poll based on the amount of posts contributed by some teenager).
Having said that, I would also caution against some mature members who have nothing but venom and bitterness to contribute - the Flyaway site would soon turn into a policestate controlled by the thoughtpolice.

Now what's so difficult about that ❓

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I say NO, we do not need more moderators, I think that RadarMan should be able to moderate all of the forums, I'm not saying that he has to, it would be up to him and flyaway, but it would help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SamIntel wrote:

I say NO, we do not need more moderators, I think that RadarMan should be able to moderate all of the forums, I'm not saying that he has to, it would be up to him and flyaway, but it would help.

What's wrong with T_T_T??

Don't you like him???

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I would also caution against some mature members who have nothing but venom and bitterness to contribute - the Flyaway site would soon turn into a policestate controlled by the thoughtpolice.

Care to mention who you are referring to?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Excuse me gents....A simple question.Has anybody asks RadarMan and TTT if they want to moderate all the forums?

The whole point again is the absence of Flyaway in such kind of disussions.
This poll is useles as was the screenshot poll and all of this disussions,ideas etc are useles.
Lest do everyone what he likes...Post his screenshots everywhere he likes ,go to forums which arent moderating for RM and TTT and pull out his anger and more...its ok... Crying or Very sad

I personaly give up from all of these things.I will come back only if i see Flyaway to an open discussion about this points.
Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Excellent point.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Tailhook wrote:

SamIntel wrote:

Don't you like him???

No! You don't need to jump all over me.
Sorry TTT, forgot to metion you. If he wants he should be able to moderate all the forums too. RM and TTT are both great moderators.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SamIntel wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

SamIntel wrote:

Don't you like him???

No! You don't need to jump all over me.

Calm down... I asked you a simple question - no need to throw a tantrum Banned

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

....And in good and funny mode if im allowed to guess... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

the additional ????? might have suggested your question was toned in a slightly offended and stressed way... hence him thinking you "jumped all over him"

forum chat is so great, its brilliantly easy to mis understand someone 😀

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Calm down... I asked you a simple question - no need to throw a tantrum

😕 Ok, I'm calm now.

the additional ????? might have suggested your question was toned in a slightly offended and stressed way... hence him thinking you "jumped all over him"

forum chat is so great, its brilliantly easy to mis understand someone

Yea, that was it. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SamIntel wrote:

Calm down... I asked you a simple question - no need to throw a tantrum

😕 Ok, I'm calm now.

forum chat is so great, its brilliantly easy to mis understand someone

Yea, that was it. 😂

A great Pilot like you its obvious that is always calm my friend. 😉 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

just a sec... what post are you talking about???

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...