Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

HMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Solve this one guys!

My system specs are:
p4 3.4gig
2gig of ram
NVidia 6800GT 256mb ram.

I wanted to put my AA settings on 4x but when i did, i am unable to preview the aircraft that i wish to fly, i just have a black preview panel.

At the mo my AA setting is only 2x.

Why why why????

Micah 😉

Answers 25 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Change your video drivers and I'm sure that everything will work out. NVIDIA has had that type of problem before.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

fair comment, i know i can have a searc but do you know what the most up to date one is??

Micah

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

fair comment, i know i can have a searc but do you know what the most up to date one is??

Micah

I think the following ➡

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxpmce_77.79.html

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can always check by going here and doing the three simple steps.
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Don't forget to clean out the old ones.
http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

thanks guys, the new driver is currently downloading!!

Micah

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

ok, so i downloaded the new drivers and i still get the same problem.

here is a screenshot of what i get>

And these are my settings>

Please help me out if you can

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to start/run/ type in dxdiag.
Then you can see what DirectX, video drivers your running and also try out the video tests.
Let us know the results.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

hi Radarman,

This is my Directx info. im just going to do the test so will report back.

Micah 😉

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

and the results>

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Try change your resolution to 1152 x 864 x 32.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lets go backward with the drivers. Don't use anything over V71.89, use the V66.93 drivers and lower your AA to 2X.
Again, be sure to clean out the old ones first.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93

See how that works.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

it has always worked on 2x tho, but never abve that, which is ludicrous considering the system and card i have.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

its an issue with the game and the drivers combined, just an incompatibility and certainly not a shortfall of the card..

another rung on the ladder to selling my nvidia 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Why i have never had problems with my Nvidias?I run FS with the same card (full settings to FS) for about 8 months with updated drivers etc etc and never have had even a simple crash of FS.

We must be very carefull to what we say to people and keep on mind that personal circumstances are not facts.

Of course not offended to you my friend Dr. Insight.I hope you understand the meaning of my state.

Sometimes we add things and programms in our systems which cause a lot of kind of problems and as you know very well a simple uninstall doesnt mean that we are clean.I know a lot of systems that are full of craps and garbages and i know a lot of owners that gramble aboyt Nvidia,ATI,Intel,AMD but they have cause all the problems by their own.

My humble opinion.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i think that is true, i probably need to clean my registry etc.

Anyone know of a good, and free, registry cleaner??

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Registry Cleaner ➡

http://www.downseek.com/download/21692.asp

Easy cleaner(trial) ➡

http://www.download.com/EasyCleaner/3000-2086_4-10334765.html?tag=lst-0-1

If you find easy cleaner interesting let me know and i will upload it for you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

What are your AA and AF settings Greekman?

I thought it was a known issue with NVidia as when I asked about it someone else who had the problem immediately told me it was the AA and AF settings that caused it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

First of all i have no doubt that there is no smoke without fire.(I mean about the Nvidia Drivers problem)

Seconldy ,i repeat, i didnt mean to offended you with my former post my friend Insight.
You know how much i appriciate you and your knowledges.
Please dont take it personally and think that i try to dispute your gretaer than mine knowledges about computers.

I will give an end here to our disagreement cause there is no meaning to continue it.
I deeply apologise for one more time if you take my post as an offended one.

Anyway we are not the owners(unfortunately 😉 )of these two manufacturers(ATI-Nvidia).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

not at all Greekman, you haven't offended me in any way!

I was interested to hear of an NVidia using the game who wasn't experiencing the problem and was curious as to what your settings and card are for informational purposes, purely through interest.

I do not disagree with what you said in any way, I had foolishly assumed that it affected all nvidia cards and I am obviously wrong 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Its ok Doc. 🍻

Although i just figure out Embarassed that i have done a horrible mistake Embarassed (the results of being in flyaway and working same time... Embarassed )I run with ASUS Nvidia 6600GT 256 which is an AGP one and not 6800 (PCI Express)so i was totally out off this Censored topic.

So i have to start a second round of apologies Embarassed and sorry Crying or Very sad and wip me Whip etc.

Deeply deeply sorry for being off topic. Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Greekman, you need to stop apologising!! 😀

And dont say sorry for that either!! 🙄

Im sure most of us are chilled out people anyway so dont worry!!

All comments are always helpful and appreciated!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks Micah Embarassed 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

and wip me Whip etc.

whatever you get up to in your spare time can stay there 🙂 don't let us into your sordid secrets 😀

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I am having the same problems as Micah- and I'm also using an Nvidia video card. I was advised to turn my Anti Analising off in the sim but on in my video card settings wich I did (at 4x on the highest setting)

When I went into fs2004, the aircraft wouldnt preview and all the ATC boxes and red-labelled signs like 'Brakes' and 'Overspeed' looked low quality-ish.

I have all the latest drivers mentioned in this post but have never touched the Direct X Diag Tool...I dont know what it does....!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

and wip me Whip etc.

whatever you get up to in your spare time can stay there 🙂 don't let us into your sordid secrets 😀

ROFL ROFL ROFL

🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...