Lost Anti-aliasing

Nottobe Guest

all of a sudden, i lost the anti-aliasing in fs2002. images have zigzag outlines, and trees and runways are shimmering.....although the antialiasing box is checked....what is wrong?
i use GeForce4MX440, AGP8x

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's a 64mb card if I remember right. I would guess that for some reason your video drivers are corrupted.
If you don't clean your computer on a regular basis you should open it and clean around with some compressed air and make certain you video card is set in tight.
Clean out your drivers and control panel and because of the cards age I would download older drivers, if you can remember what drivers you are using now (use dxdiag) reload them and their control panel.
Make certain that AA is off in the sim and on in the control panel.
Keep mip-map at 4 or 5.
Let us know how you are doing.

Radar

nottobe Guest

I tried everything possible, but no luck......
the terrain details are gone, only blurred texture
map on the ground.
i guess the video card is gone....
and my system is a 1GZ PIII, 700+MB memory...
sounds like I need a new system as well as a new
video card.....
and also I plan on an upgrade to FS2004....
Please give some advice on what system I need to get
in order to play 2004 efficiently....
the fastest CPU available? cost effective ratio?
and most of all, what Video Card do I need to take advantage of
the 2004 3d clouds and other realistic landscape?
many thanks in advance.....

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

This is what I bought. It's a Dell that I got for about $833.

P4 2.8 ghz Hyper Threaded
256 mb DDR Nvidia GForce video card
256 megs of ram (upgraded to 1.5 gig with ram from Tiger Direct)
Integrated Sound Card
80 Gig HD
17 Inch monitor
free printer (whoopeeee!!!)

You want at least 2.4 mhz and a minimum of 1 gig of ram.

Mine runs very well and I have no issues whatsoever. I get great frame rates and have all my stuff set on Medium High.

I also added a bunch of stuff like Ultimate Traffic and with all the planes preventing me from getting off the ground on time..it has no problems!

Dell runs deal each week that change on Thursday I beleive. I like their systems, even though there support has alot to be desired.

nottobe Guest

is this video card the best for fs2004?
did you set to 3d clouds?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...