Sloped RWY

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Are there any sloped runways in FS?

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can opt to simply take a flight from any of the 24,000 airports in the database. All of the airports in the database are real world locations. Each has been faithfully recreated in every detail that matters to a pilot. Radio frequencies are the same, VOR, GPS, and ILS approaches are identical and even runway variations are matched. In fact, having flown private aircraft out of Tallahassee Regional Airport in Tallahassee, FL I can honestly say that the odd slope of the runway is faithfully recreated. The runway is built on a slightly downward angle and makes for interesting landings. You’ll find it exists here as well.

See if MS duplicated this one. Courchevel, French Alpes

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Fear You wouldn't wanna try this one at night - no moon - overcast Wacko

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

😳 now thats a scary runway, imagine thick fog, electrical failures, black ice and to top it all off:-the mother in law waiting to pick you up from the terminal Twisted Evil

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Sorry to disagree but I think you'll find that there are no sloped runways in FS9. They are as flat as my front tyre was this morning.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

sylvan wrote:

Sorry to disagree but I think you'll find that there are no sloped runways in FS9. They are as flat as my front tyre was this morning.

Do you have any bad results cause of it Sylvan??? Umm...

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

No, not like your crash some time ago. Just got my hands dirty and late for work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

sylvan wrote:

No, not like your crash some time ago. Just got my hands dirty and late for work.

Thanks God. 👍

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Ok, that would be another thing to have in the new FS, sloped rwys.
Thanks

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Courchevel, France (LFLJ) runway is on a slope - in real life it has two inclines. (Used for the Bond Film 'Tomorrow Never Dies').

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Courchevel, France (LFLJ) runway is on a slope - in real life it has two inclines. (Used for the Bond Film 'Tomorrow Never Dies').

That was a great movie. 🙂 Unfortunatlly it is not sloped on FS. Crying or Very sad

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thats a shame! I was just copyed that last quote from http://virgil.org/dswo/fs/japantour/moreideas.htm and it said it did. I just tested it on fs2004 and your right! Oh well!

delivery guy Guest

Greekman72 wrote:

sylvan wrote:

Do you have any bad results cause of it Sylvan??? Umm...

try this link, i made this airport for fs9 it
......http://www.fstopgun.net/downloadsp4.html

Courchevel has a 18.5% slope,,,hehe hehe

wonder if there has been any major accidents there?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

there have been many attempts to recreate courchevals slope for fs - most are really crap. there is a payware one that is pretty awesome though.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...