Worlds worst airports

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Hi folks
Doco on tele last night about the worlds 10 most dangerous busy airports. Sure many of you have seen it. I did not record it but took notes. After searching on the internet I am pretty sure I have the correct list below. Welcome any feed-back or comments. Listed from least dangerous to most dangerous.

KSAN Lindbergh San Diego. Very busy. City obstructions. Short RWY

LPMA Madeira Portugal. Turbulent winds. Bird strike

KEGE Eagle Vail Colorado. High alt. Changing weather. Turbulence. Treacherous approach.

LFLJ Courchevel France. Roller coaster RWY

VHHX Hong Kong. Difficult approach and depart

LXGB Gibralter. Serious downdrafts, crosswinds, yahcts, highway across RWY

TNCM St Maartins Carribean Difficult APPR & depart. Thrill seekers enjoy T.O. Jet exhaust

TFFJ St Barths Carribean. Difficult APPR. V short RWY

MHTG Tegucigalpa Honduras. Complex APPR Mountainous.

VNLK Lukla Nepal. Extreme APPR. High ALT. No chance of go-around. Clouds.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Agent Orange Guest

How come Innsbruck and Castlegar are not on the list? These have VERY difficult instrument approaches. As for St. Maarten, I've landed there myself (in FSX, not in real life), and it wasn't nearly as hard as they say it is.

Pro Member Trainee
Anton von Sierakowski (antonvs) Trainee

Good post, but from a Flight Sim point of view I think a more apt title would have been "Worlds BEST airports"

One I would like to add is Cabramurra Airstrip YCUR in NSW AU, but you will need OZx and/or ORBX FTX scenery installed.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...