FSPassengers 250kts clearence?

BashDabish Guest

Seen a few posts regarding the subject of FSP and one particluar poster reminded me of a question.

Why is it needed to go more than 250kts below 10000ft and in what circumstances?

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Dont Know Maybe if a flight is VERY late taking off, they'd want to try and gain some time? I can't really see a reason either personally 😕

BashDaBish Guest

Now that's a first!

FEM has no idea 😛

P.S

T'other day I flew a short flight from Newcastle to Liverpool and left cabin crew on automatic for drinks etc. They attempted to serve hot food and drinks in a 20min flight time and I as the Captain was penalised.

My tip of the day is; for short flights, turn off the auto food/drinks option.

Its called mininum safe speed. In many heavier planes, the minimum safe climb speed is above 250 knots. The 747 has a minimum safe climb speed of V2 + 100 knots. Often when the plane is loaded to gross, the minimum safe climb speed will be about 260 knots.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

With FS passengers, you have to request >250knt clearance no matter what alt. you are at. Most times you are given the ok, but sometimes they require you to fly =<250knts. Being above 10k does not automatically give you clearance.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Really?

That kind of sucks... unless I'm mistaken, in the real world any such restriction has to be expressly noted on charts or in a NOTAM. Otherwise, FL100 and above you're automatically cleared for cruise.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

jelami wrote:

With FS passengers, you have to request >250knt clearance no matter what alt. you are at. Most times you are given the ok, but sometimes they require you to fly =<250knts. Being above 10k does not automatically give you clearance.

I've never seen that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I've never seen that.

Press Ctrl + Shift + 3 to ask for clearance 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I never have and never received any penalty for flying more than 250 kts above FL100.

BashDaBish Guest

I have never seen nor been penalised for that previously either.

Maybe it is a difficulty setting?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have got a penalty from FSP.If i remember well i get -30 points.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I never have and never received any penalty for flying more than 250 kts above FL100.

You will not get a penalty for above 10000ft but will for below,unless you ask for clearance and it is given

It seems to be random whether FSP gives you clearance or not.I have been flying from Corfu to the new Athens airport(and back again) a few times,and most times I get clearance.Untill that is I was flying towards Corfu at about 14000ft and expecting clearance only to be declined
Some nifty turns were needed to get me down to 250 before 10000ft

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

That's not correct. Above 10,000ft, you are free to travel at whatever safe speed you wish. There is no penalty for it, unless you overspeed in the selected aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

That's not correct. Above 10,000ft, you are free to travel at whatever safe speed you wish. There is no penalty for it, unless you overspeed in the selected aircraft.

Agree.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

There may not be penalty, but they may still deny you (if you ask). I also notice that you can only ask once per flight.
I am no expert, but I would imagine in the real world, that due to schedules fuel prices, and over crouding at airports you cannot fly at any speed you wish. Your company and the ATC will tell you exaxctly what you can do.
I wonder if that is what FSP is trying to simulate?

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I think - and correct me here - that the FL100/250kts restriction is part of noise abatement procedures.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I think its because there is a high concentration of aircraft under 10000 feet, due to lots of them taking off and landing, so to make life easier and safer for ATC and pilots, they restricted speed to 250 KIAS or less. If they are going this speed, accidents can easily be avoided 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...