question about EHAM (and system perf.)

ruud Guest

hi all,

overall i can say i am very pleased with FS2004, but since i live in the netherlands (and i worked for ATC at EHAM) i have a few questions.
first of all, i was very surprised that the landing runways are still wrong. we no longer have 19L/01R and 19R/01L, but a third runway has been built: 18L/36R, 18C/36C, 18R/36L. I think this should have been updated in FS2004. also, for some reason, a third tower has been added at EHAM airport in FS2004. it is true, taht because of the new runway, a new control tower has been built, but the new one in FS2004 is placed totally wrong, and it doesn't even look like the new one. So i'm wondering how/why they created this one.

i also read some previous articles about system performance. i still think microsoft is doing a very bad job when it comes to frame rates. i have a Asus P4T533-C, PIV 2.26 GHz (533 FSB), 512 MB PC800 RIMM, and a GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB. pretty much a kickass system i would think. well, first I had FS2000. this was the worst one. i had to put everything to LOW to get it running at a proper frame rate (which for me is at LEAST 15 FPS). then I got FS2002, which was better. i had to put down quite a few options to 'low' or 'medium' to get nice frame rates, which i think is weird for an old game like that, with a nice system like mine. but i thought maybe it is because it isn't optimized for the Pentium 4 and the GeForce 4 family. so i got FS2004. and again, the same problem. i dont expect 30FPS and up when i put every detail to the max, but again i am very limited, and have ot make choices. or less textures, or less viewing distance, or no clouds, or no traffic, bla bla. i'm getting tired of this! do i really have to get a 3 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, and 256 MB videocard to get FS2004 running at the max?? microsoft might have thos esystems, but the average gamer doesn't!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
davesmith Trainee

My system is a P4 2.6Ghz, 512Mb Ram and a 64Mb Geforce3 Ti200 card, I'm getting 27+ fps on most occasions with detail levels pretty much set to maximum. Try turning on "transform and lighting" in the hardware section, that worked for me. 😛

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...