weather

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

which weather do u use real real 15 min or pick a weather type

if i pick real world will the weather ever change or stay the way it was when i picked it?

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

If I remeber right there is two options one will read the weather once and the other updates every 15 minutes or so using the station you are close to at that time. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

kieranja,

For me it updates every 15 minutes or so. But that depends on if you are near a reporting station or not. If you select the kind of weather you want usually it is only for the origin and not the end of the flight. Of course you can always just turn arond and get the weather you want to practice in.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

If your computer will handle it real weather updated every 15 minutes is what I like. It's the most realistic.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Totally agree with Warhawk.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

I usually fly with updates. I believe if you are defining the weater you can go into specific locations and define the weather. I can remember specifying socked in contitions for the departure and arrival sites so I could practice IFR had to much good weather. 🙂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I always fly with low visabilty (10-16km) with cumerlus clouds at 10-12,000 feet. This is great for VFR, mountain and photoreal flying.

When I go online however, because of my 56k connections speed, I use the real-weather update once (not every 15 mins or so)

cumerlus are the best clouds for flying at sunset. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

if u select the real weath once will fs change weather or will it be that weather all the time like if u pick a weather style its there when u take of and land

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

It's hard to read your english. But I hope this answers your question. If you set real weather (snap shot or static) the weather will remain that way until you change it or exit that session of flight simulator. If you choose real weather (updates), the program will change the weather every 15 minutes based on weather report via you internet connection. They are two real weather choices. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I use ActiveSky VE with online updates. I find this much better than the real weather update's from the sim

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

Liono wrote:

I use ActiveSky VE with online updates. I find this much better than the real weather update's from the sim

i used to have active sky for flight sim 2002
can u get it for 2004?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i use updates every 15 mins...almost every time i land it's foggy - no matter where. ace.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

Liono wrote:

i used to have active sky for flight sim 2002
can u get it for 2004?

Here is their website, they have 2004.

http://www.hifitechinc.com/products

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ShockAndYaw Trainee

ActiveSky just release v6 within the past couple of days. I don't have it yet so I can't comment on the improvements over the previous version, but it seems well worth it.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

hinch wrote:

i use updates every 15 mins...almost every time i land it's foggy - no matter where. ace.

yeah but foggy every time is not good it not relistic thats problem i having as well

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i also had that trouble no matter witch weather u use even real updates it always foggy even though i live near cardiff and skys are blue it still will be foggy. if u fly to spain it foggy even in middle of summer.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

y is it always low visability then soon as u get to about 10 thou feet it clear and u can see miles

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Weather visibility within MSFS 2004 is set as a layer. When you reach 10,000 ft., that must be the top of the visibility layer that you've set. Adjust the upper edge of the weather layer to a higher altitude, and that should alleviate your problem. Altitudes within the weather assignment area is based on MSL (above mean sea level)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...