Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Follow me car

   
Author Message
lkw
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Joined: May 31, 2005
Posts: 418
Location: Spokane Valley
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:58 pm 

I remember in the distant past quetion about a follow me car.

The FollowMe-Gauge is a Gauge-File that adds a follow-me car to your FS. The car has blinking STOP- and FOLLOW ME signs, working brake-lights and direction indicators. Your ATC-Airline is shown on the back of the car, so you always will be guided by a car of your favorite Airline.
Happy flying Smile
Back to top
tomthetank
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Aug 24, 2003
Posts: 3582
Location: Newport S/Wales
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:44 pm 

The read me says its for 2002
But will give it a try
Back to top
lkw
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Joined: May 31, 2005
Posts: 418
Location: Spokane Valley
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:25 pm 

tomthetank wrote:
The read me says its for 2002
But will give it a try

Did not notice. Let me know if it worked out. Still trolling for gauges have not had a chance to try any yet.
Happy flying Smile
Back to top
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Jun 15, 2005
Posts: 7050
Location: Hellas
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:30 pm 

lkw wrote:
tomthetank wrote:
The read me says its for 2002
But will give it a try

Did not notice. Let me know if it worked out. Still trolling for gauges have not had a chance to try any yet.


I download it too but im on flight now...I ll be able to try in about 2hours.
Back to top
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Jun 15, 2005
Posts: 7050
Location: Hellas
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:26 pm 

Well i insall it(FS2004) and i get the Follow me Buttonin the upper left of my screen but no car... Dont Know
Maybe im doing something wrong...Let me know if happens something different to you.
Back to top
Insight
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Feb 17, 2005
Posts: 1269
Location: UK, South East
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:53 am 

Greekman72 wrote:
Well i insall it(FS2004) and i get the Follow me Buttonin the upper left of my screen but no car... Dont Know
Maybe im doing something wrong...Let me know if happens something different to you.


sure you didn't run it over Greekman ? Very Happy
Back to top
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Jun 15, 2005
Posts: 7050
Location: Hellas
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:00 am 

Insight wrote:
Greekman72 wrote:
Well i insall it(FS2004) and i get the Follow me Buttonin the upper left of my screen but no car... Dont Know
Maybe im doing something wrong...Let me know if happens something different to you.


sure you didn't run it over Greekman ? Very Happy



ROFL ROFL ROFL

Many many possibilities Laughing Laughing Laughing
...But i have drink two much tonight only a couple( glasses not bottles)of Canadian Club... Wink
Back to top
madbrit
Guest





Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:38 pm 

Here was me thinking it was going to take the place of the Progressive Taxi pink line.

It does work in FS9 but it just reacts to whatever rudder/brake inputs you make. You hit the right rudder pedal, it signals to turn right. Press the brakes, the stop sign illuminates.

I left it visible for takeoff just to see what happened - and it stayed right in front of me as I climbed. Hillarious to see the indicators flashing as I flew the pattern. Laughing
Back to top
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Jun 20, 2005
Posts: 4666
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:35 pm 

Kind of like the tail wagging the tog. Laughing
CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines
Back to top
lkw
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Joined: May 31, 2005
Posts: 418
Location: Spokane Valley
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:25 pm 

madbrit wrote:
Here was me thinking it was going to take the place of the Progressive Taxi pink line.

It does work in FS9 but it just reacts to whatever rudder/brake inputs you make. You hit the right rudder pedal, it signals to turn right. Press the brakes, the stop sign illuminates.

I left it visible for takeoff just to see what happened - and it stayed right in front of me as I climbed. Hillarious to see the indicators flashing as I flew the pattern. Laughing


Sorry about that guys I was assuming that it do a progressive taxie type thing also. Just got around to possibly checking it out. Guess I will not bother now. Oops!
Happy flying Smile
Back to top
raoul
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Joined: Aug 27, 2010
Posts: 1
Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:36 pm 

lkw wrote:
I remember in the distant past quetion about a follow me car.

The FollowMe-Gauge is a Gauge-File that adds a follow-me car to your FS. The car has blinking STOP- and FOLLOW ME signs, working brake-lights and direction indicators. Your ATC-Airline is shown on the back of the car, so you always will be guided by a car of your favorite Airline.

Can you put the link again please ?
Back to top
Flyaway
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pro Member

Joined: Jun 28, 2003
Posts: 1422
Location: UK
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 pm 

You can get it here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3345/fs2002-follow-me-car-gauge/
Fly Away Simulation, Flight Sim #1
Back to top
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Joined: Oct 09, 2004
Posts: 2499
Location: YSSY
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:49 am 

Bit of a late reply, Mr Barclay. Confused
Please direct your complaints to the moon, they might care there.
Back to top
   
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics

Sign-Up

Signing-up for a Pro account gives you super fast uncapped speed to the thousands of FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane downloads which include aircraft, scenery and more - click here to view the library for free or...

Go Pro
Sign-Up Now

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter

Join over 130,000 subscribers of our free dedicated flight simulation newsletter. Featuring new downloads, products and industry news.

 

Survey

Have you downloaded your copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition?


Votes 15436

Social

Follow us on Social Networks

Subscribe to our newsletter

 
RSS Feed iPhone App

Terms & Privacy Policy | Contact Us

Copyright © 2018 Fly Away Simulation. All Rights Reserved.