How much fuel for 56 pax in 762?

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

I have a small question.
Let's do this as real as possible. I want to fly from Boston to Los Angeles LAX with a B767-222 with 56 pax onboard in total.
Can anyone tell me how much fuel(in real life, not FS9) do I need for this trip and how many percent of total fuel capacity this is? Weight in Gallons/pounds would be nice. Of course taxing, cargo and reserve included. Weather normal, calm winds, average temperature around 20°C.Thanks.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

What engines are you using??

PW4062's or CF-6's??

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer
Pro Member Chief Captain

I'd estimate that you need roughly 9441 Gallons.

That is 39% of the 762's total fuel capacity.

However, i'd always take a bit extra reserve, say 12000 Gallons, which becomes about 50% total capacity.

Hope this helps

😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I worked it out to be about 10960 gallons with an hours reserve Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Thank you guys, that is much appreciated, but it gets bit harder.
Ok, let us say we have about 50% of our tanks full(which is app.11-12k Gal), we take off and we fly this route:

My question is how much of this fuel is left in the tanks by the time the airplane hit the 2nd WTC tower?( I think this distance could be 300-400nm?)

Pro Member Chief Captain

Dont Know

I suppose it depends on many factors; speed, weight, weather etc..

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/wtc_demolition_init.htm

"Although the jet fuel fires have been ruled out as the cause of the collapses, it should still be pointed out that the fuel capacities of the Boeing 707 and the Boeing 767 are essentially the same. And in any case, it has been estimated that both UA Flight 175 and AA Flight 11 were carrying about 10,000 gallons of fuel when they impacted. This is well below the 23,000 gallon capacity of a Boeing 707 or 767. Thus the amount of fuel that exploded and burnt on September 11 was envisaged by those who designed the towers. Consequently, the towers were designed to survive such fires. It should also be mentioned that other high-rise buildings have suffered significantly more serious fires than those of the twin towers on September 11, and did not collapse."

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

Thanks CRJ, that is what I've ben looking for.
And another thing, what is the max. speed of a B767 that is at 1200-1300ft. before overspeeding and literally falling in pieces?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I think Max Vmo for a 767 will be around 350 KIAS, after which, severe structural damage is inevitable. It is possible to sustain structural damage at speeds below that depending on the 767 and its age / fatigue, but it gives you a rough idea 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...