soundcard

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

does this look like a good deal for this sound card?

I'm going to try to spend $100 or less on one, so let me know if this would be good for the money or if theres a better one.

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I don't know about that particular card but I can tell you I think very highly of Sound Blaster sound cards, I have used them for years and never had a problem with them.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

well i picked up the sound card at best buy, but when im installing i get this error.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

are you running XP Home or Pro?

Pro normally gives you the option to Continue if you try and install an unsigned driver...

try downloading the latest software for your card from their website (latest official release, not beta) and try again.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I have received that message but it has always ask me if I wanted to continue to install the software and I have installed it without any problems.

I would contact Sound Blaster and see what they have to say about it. I can't imagine them putting out a product that isn't compatible with XP, but they may have newer drivers that cure the problem. I know with my sound card they had updated drivers for it specifically for XP.

In fact I would go to there driver downloads and check it first.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 You should get an option to continue the instalation after its said t"this software has not passed blah blah"
Just click contine the instalation
Or d/load the latest drivers ➡

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?sOSName=Windows+XP®ion=1&Product_Name=Audigy+4&Product_ID=14103&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=0&Image4.x=30&Image4.y=14

The Creative Knowledge Base comes up with this ➡

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Idea Just a thought,do you have administrator rights for the PC?
It may have been set so that only the administrator can do major upgrades

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

yes i am the admin, and its xp home

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

That is what I'm running and I have always been given the option to continue.

I went to the Sound Blaster web site and checked. They have a beta version of drivers that is newer than what you have, but the ones you have look like they should work.

Just in the event you might have a bad CD you might try downloading the drivers that you have and see if they will install.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

yea it worked i probably did just have a bad install cd. now i need to get the drivers so i can use the remote it came with 😉 . thanks guys

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

If the CD won't give you the option of loading the software without loading the drivers you may have to get a replacement CD from Sound Blaster.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

wait so aren't there extra special options for it? if there are can't i download them?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You can check their site and see, they might have what you want there. I never downloaded anything but drivers from them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If you follow the instructions from the link above,you should be ok

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...