Northern Lights in daylight??

Guest Ed Guest

Hi all,

I was just flying north from Atuu, Alaska (ATU), toward Nome, Alaska (PAOM) and I saw the Aurora Borealis during daylight hours. Never seen that before; I've seen the Aurora before, so I know what it looks like in in FS09, and I'm sure that's what it was.

I was flying at 18,000 feet in a KingAir at about noon local time on January 1st, 2006. I was within a few hundred miles of Nome, so I was pretty far north, but not up to the Arctic Circle yet. The sun was just barely above the horizon, but the sky was light and the sea below was well illuminated. But there was the Northern Lights, in all its glory. I took a screenshoot, but I forgot to save it before restarting the computer. Embarassed

Ed

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Thats intresting, i'll try that flight right now! 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

i flew about 60-70 miles straight north from Nome airport at 2:45 PM and the sun was rising but no Northern Lights.

Guest Ed Guest

Actually, I was south of Nome at the time, flying north, and it only lasted a few minutes.

Or else I just dreamed it. 😉

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Try and get a screenshot of it next time. 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...