Internet Problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey

Recently, I keep being disconnected from the internet for some reason. I'm with AOL (not recommended) and have had the problem before. It isn't because I have spyware or whatever, it was because the modem drivers were not working properly so I had to re-install them from someone elses house Evil or Very Mad . Now its happened again but I've only just re-installed the drivers, so I blame AOL whether its their fault or not 😀 . I'm looking to change ISP's but not sure to who. Any ideas ❓

😉

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Go to BT Broadband - very relaible

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Have a look other this site
http://www.broadband.co.uk/?gclid=CKyQqKKEr4ICFRCtEQodh2-1BA

Put your postcode in and they're give you the best in your area.

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

99jolegg,

I have had Earthlink since Feb of 98. DSL with Earthlink since Sept of 2000. I started with AOL. I didn't like AOL when I started with them and got far away from them as fast as I could because the call kept getting dropped.

Regards,

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

When I got my first PC I started out with AOL. After about 6 months online, my connection suddenly stopped. I phoned there Tech Support every day for a week and nothing happened. They kept telling me to unistall all the drivers reinstall them and so on. Every time I phoned them I was on hold for well over an hour each day. After 5 days I found out it was spyware.

I waited 6 months until the contract was over I cahnged to NTL (1mb for £9.99 amonth). I'm having no problem with them so far 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

When I emailed AOL, I got no reply. Great customer service. When I rang them I was put through to someone in Scotland once, and in India another time. As I am terrible at understanding accents face to face, let alone down a crackling phone cable, coupled with the fact that I don't know much about modems and drivers, it didn't make for an easy job to fix 🙄

Thanks Liono and Ed

🍻

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

99Jo Legg,
I have been using NTL before the word "Broadband," was ever heard of.
Never had any complaints. Their technical support is very good. Their customer support was not quite as good - but has improved immensely.
🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

Hi Jon

I've been using BT Broadband for almost 2 years now and I've not lost a connection in that time.

Very reliable

Regards

George

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...