Spoilers on 737 - 300

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

Hi Guys

I'm flying a 737 - 300.

Anyone any idea how to arm the spoilers. I'm totally lost.

Thanks

George

😀 😀 😀

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

Normally you press shift & / - if not just go to your throttle quadrant, the lever is hanging around there somewhere

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

Hey Thanks Pearly

It's only easy if you know how.

Regards

George

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

there is another way too... all you have to do is press F2 to deploy them and F1 to retract them

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

there is another way too... all you have to do is press F2 to deploy them and F1 to retract them

That's for the thrust reversers, not the spoilers.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

What do the spoilers do again? Embarassed (I know I could look up Wikipedia but a short description from anyone here would be great 😂 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You want it short? Here you go:

Spoilers on ground reduce drag. Spoilers in the air (speed brakes) reduce speed.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Spoilers reduce lift.

Pro Member Chief Captain

That too. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Oh so spoilers in the air are called speedbrakes? Yeah, I can understand how they work, a little flap that pops up on the wing causes the air to catch onto it, and therefore "push" the plane backwards a bit, and therefore reduce speed.

But what I don't get is what Agus said about them reducing drag on the ground. Care to explain?

Thanks a lot!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yep. Spoilers in the air are called speedbrakes.

I made a mistake in my previous post. Spoilers increase drag. It makes sense now.
If the spoilers decrease drag, the airplane will keep rolling on the runway. The spoilers decrease lift so that the wings can't lift the airplane keeping the airplane on the ground. Spoilers also make the brakes work efficiently.
Increasing the drag will slow the plane down.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Right so basically they do the same in the ground and in the air - slow the plane and make it more difficult for it to climb.

Thanks 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

You're welcome! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...