FS Manuals

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

A friend has FS2000 Professional which is a simulation of which I was unaware. It came with an excellent printed manual that was much easier to follow than FS2004 with it's electronic information.

Has anyone ever come across this professional version before and is there in fact a similar manual for FS2004?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Aldeeb wrote:

A friend has FS2000 Professional which is a simulation of which I was unaware. It came with an excellent printed manual that was much easier to follow than FS2004 with it's electronic information.

Has anyone ever come across this professional version before and is there in fact a similar manual for FS2004?

FS 98 came with a small printed manual - airport charts mainly but practically nothing on flying. At the time I bought a Microsoft indorsed book which cost me twice as much as the actual FS 98. As a printed manual so to speak it was a much more in depth guide than what was presented in FS itself. I still own it and occasionally use it as a reference.

FS 2004 - I could swear I've seen one in some bookshop, but being a niche market you might have to do the walking and find a friendly shop assistant who knows how to look up available books in the data base and even go to the lengths of giving you a quote and order one for you 😀

Good luck, if you do manage to get your hands on one, share your find with us.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Thanks for the information, it looked to me as the first and third were for the real thing rather than FS9. I'll have a look at the "Official Strategies & Secrets" via Amazon UK to see whether they list it.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Thanks for the info - I located one with Amazon UK and have it on order to be delivered this week.

madbrit Guest

The FS Manual (Learning center) is in the MSGAME2 file on disk 1. 182mb so it should be at least a couple of hundred pages.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Noted thanks. I rather like to have a book in my hand wherever possible as it is possible to delve without interrupting whatever might be happening on screen. Also the illustrations in the FS98 book I sighted were very helpful.

Looking at the Microsoft book for 2004 indicated it was well produced, had a lot of easily-accessible material and above all easy to read. The contents list was pretty encouraging and a sample page suggested that it would be handy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Aldeeb wrote:

Noted thanks. I rather like to have a book in my hand wherever possible as it is possible to delve without interrupting whatever might be happening on screen. Also the illustrations in the FS98 book I sighted were very helpful.

Looking at the Microsoft book for 2004 indicated it was well produced, had a lot of easily-accessible material and above all easy to read. The contents list was pretty encouraging and a sample page suggested that it would be handy.

👍 I'm with you all the way, besides I don't own a printer Hack

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

The thought of printing off 200+ pages was pretty daunting and likely as expensive as buying the book!

Which US state is SH? Not met that one before

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Aldeeb wrote:

Which US state is SH? Not met that one before

Sorry, classified Ninja

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...