Exit GPS window with a click on the display face

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

If you are like me looking for a way to close the gps window with a mouse instead of looking for the icon to click on I have found you can put a transparent gauge on the main screen allowing you to close the window by just clicking the screen. Just open the panel.cfg and place this gauge in the gps window may need to adjust size and location a bit depending on the aircraft.

gauge01=cpt.icons!GPS_T, 33,40,340,250 // added lkw

the gauge number is the next in sequence this one was taken from the default mooney bravo

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Another addition to my 'Ikw's bag of tricks' folder. Thanks, keep up the good work ❗ 😀

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

lkw, dont tell me you havn't pressed "shift+3" before... 😳

Theres no need for silly see though gauges when you can just use a keyboard shortcut

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

cheekytrolly wrote:

lkw, dont tell me you havn't pressed "shift+3" before... 😳

Theres no need for silly see though gauges when you can just use a keyboard shortcut

Depending on the aircraft you are flying it could be "shift+2", "shift+3" "shift+4"
Just a matter of convience in my opinion. Pop the GPS up maybe use the mouse for a function on the GPS (zoom etc) the mouse is in your hand click the screen the window is closed. Mouse still in your hand adjust the heading etc. For pop up and a quick up and down I do use the shift+(whicherver) But I tend to be a mouse oriented user and use the icon a lot for the same purpose.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...