Epson Stylus C80 Printer Cartridges

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

I have an Epson stylus c80 printer which I've had for about 2 years. The problem I have is I cannot find any cheap ink cartridges that are compatible with this printer, I've bought cartridges that are meant to work with this printer that is quite cheap but when I installed them the printer thinks the cartridges are still empty.
Does anyone out there own a C80 and can recommend some cheap compatible cartridges?

many thanks

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here?
http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/T0321-CPT.html

Junk it and buy an HP, they are the best.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

ive had no complaints on the quality of this printer just the cartridges but if i can get a better printer for a good price then i may do that, so long as i can buy cheap cartridges that work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I hate the fact that printer ink is so expensive. Everything I've read and my personal experience have lead me to believe that the best ink is the ink from the manufacture of your printer. You will pay more in the end and have more trouble with cheap third party inks. I know it's not what you want to hear but it's my best advice. I use a HP 6110 multifunction. Works great but like yours, the cartages are priced to high. I use draft mode when I can to reduce ink consumption.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Check out your local supermarket for injet refills (Morrisons,Aldi)It can be messy if you rush,so take your time and save ££££££s 😉
A couple of sites ➡

http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/ink-cartridges/Epson.html

And a very handy tool for Epson printers(free) ➡

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Great stuff Tom im gonna give the epson a go, maybe i can keep my printer after all if it will use cheapo cartridges, cheers mate 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ive got an old Epson Stylus 600 and it works just fine with both cheap replacements and refills

If you go the refill way,performance will drop the more times you fill them,I think they say 5 or 6 times,so big savings to be made after that all you do then is buy a cheap one and start all over again

Some shops opening here in Wales where you take your old carts in and they replace them with a copy of whatever you are using

The tool is very handy for cleaning,much better than the inbuilt tool.On mine I can clean just the black or colour or both.Super clean(handy if youve not printed in a while)

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

For the best compatible cartridges

I bought all my cartridges from them over the last few years, have never been let down, or had any problems with the carts.

At present I use an Epson 1290s, and their carts for this are very good.

They do cover the c60 and c80, as I have just checked. If you can't find them on the site, just do a search for either c60 or c80, that's what I did, found them immediately.

Hope you get what you need, good luck.

And the only Printer to rival an Epson, is a Canon. I've tried 'em all, but the Epson wins for me, price, reliable, and superb service when required.

Complete overhaul, when needed, plus years guarentee, for £20.00 + vat. At our local Epson service station. Boston. Lincs.

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

i installed the SSC Service Utility and guess what? My printer sprang into life, so many thanks Tom, you saved me a few quid, i was just about to break into the wifes breast enlargement fund to buy a new printer, but i broke into it anyway to buy some cartriges......so i now have a printer that prints again with cheap cartridges and a wife that still has small boobs, you cant have everything heh?? 😂

Cheers for the links too ken 👍

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Good to help, hope all's well now. Pity about the wife thou'

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 We cant have you suffering,I will start a whip round for some cash 😉

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

😳 We cant have you suffering,I will start a whip round for some cash 😉

😂

s'okay ive told the wife she can stuff the empty cartridges down her bra till we save up some money, but then i will need to blow the savings on FS10 and the many many addons that will follow.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sonicninja wrote:

... i was just about to break into the wifes breast enlargement fund to buy a new printer, but i broke into it anyway to buy some cartriges......so i now have a printer that prints again with cheap cartridges and a wife that still has small boobs, you cant have everything heh?? 😂

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I love this...
Sonic, your resourcefulness is unequalled 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Read the PC world article(PDF) file, under "Superior Image Quality",about third party inks.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/DFE/Inks.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes
From cnet .com:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10166_7-5588595-1.html?tag=txt

"The verdict on third-party inks varies. Some experts maintain that generic inks are unlikely to hurt your equipment; others warn of print head damage. There's no guarantee that third-party and brand name inks will produce equal quality prints, though industry stress tests suggest that generics may degrade faster. If you want to risk buying aftermarket inks online, shun the black market for vendors affiliated with the Better Business Bureau or the Imaging Technology Council."

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Theres no way im paying those prices, i bought a 4 pack of cartridges online at http://www.svp.co.uk/ for £5.00 and they work great, infact i then purchased 10 packs for £50.00

Look after the pennys and the pennys will look after you

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Just went to www.svp.co.uk They are out of Epson ink cartridges. Did you clean them out? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have been using SVP for blank media for over a year 👍

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

I did Captain, i bought everything they had in the C80 series 👍

You can miss a bargain!!! 😂

Trueimagetech Guest

Azetch is a company that sells toner replacement for decades, and we are keep improving our design and technique all the time. Aztech Supplies😊

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello!

I've had a similar issue with my Epson Stylus C80 printer in the past. Finding cost-effective, compatible cartridges can be a bit of a challenge. However, I have a couple of suggestions that might help you out.

• First and foremost, I'd recommend resetting the cartridge chip (the small, embedded microchip that communicates cartridge information to the printer). Some compatible cartridges may require a manual reset to properly function. You can achieve this by holding down the reset button (usually found on the cartridge itself) for around 5 seconds. This should prompt the printer to recognize the cartridge as full.
  • If the previous method doesn't work, you could try searching for reputable third-party ink cartridge vendors that specialize in compatible cartridges for the Epson Stylus C80. A reliable option I've used in the past is 4inkjets. They offer remanufactured cartridges that are specifically designed for your printer model and have worked well for me.
  • Lastly, consider using a Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) (an external ink reservoir that continuously feeds ink to the printer via tubes) as an alternative. This can save you money in the long run by allowing you to refill the ink reservoirs rather than buying new cartridges every time. However, this option might require some tinkering and isn't for everyone.

Always double-check the compatibility of any cartridges you purchase to ensure they'll work with your Epson Stylus C80 printer. I hope these suggestions help you find a solution that's both affordable and effective. Good luck!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...