Im sorry

ivan07 Guest

Im sorry about what i said before i didn't really understand what they meant and now i do.

i installed ultimate traffic and now my flight sim airports are loaded with planes but the only problem is when i put the ai traffic to 100 and when i fly theres absolutely no traffic, no planes are moving.

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Don't worry ivan07. Everything's fine.

As for your problem, I don't have Ultimate Traffic, but what happens if you put your traffic to 99% ? I know it's a dumb question, but trying it won't hurt anybody.

😉

Ivan07 Guest

actually i tried that and only 1 plane lifted off

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ivan07 wrote:

Im sorry about what i said before i didn't really understand what they meant and now i do.

i installed ultimate traffic and now my flight sim airports are loaded with planes but the only problem is when i put the ai traffic to 100 and when i fly theres absolutely no traffic, no planes are moving.

No problem Ivan.We are here to help 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Ivan07 wrote:

actually i tried that and only 1 plane lifted off

I don't know how to help you then. But wait until someone that has UT2005 shows up. They may be able to help you better than I can.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have UT 2004, keep it at 100% if you can. It takes 10-15 minutes to start seeing traffic moving at the airports and in the sky.
Don't forget when you launch the sim it's the start of the day for the program, give them a chance to get in the air.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

I have UT 2004, keep it at 100% if you can. It takes 10-15 minutes to start seeing traffic moving at the airports and in the sky.
Don't forget when you launch the sim it's the start of the day for the program, give them a chance to get in the air.

Radar

But don't wait too long if you intend to take off from that airport. If UT2005 is anything like ProjectAI's packs and you have 100% when you decide to taxi you could find yourself waiting behind at least half a dozen planes before you.

Whenever I launch the game I have to haul it to the runway if I want to be out of there quickly. It can be lots of fun to watch the planes come and go, but I get impatient easily and don't like waiting in line.

Ivan07 Guest

ok thank you so much...! 😀

Ivan07 Guest

errr. even though i took your instruction, i waited for 45 minutes and nothing hapened.

Pro Member First Officer

That's strange that nothing happened. Maybe there is something that you have to run or do in Ultimate Traffic. I have it installed and it hasn't added any new traffic. I do have a lot of ProjectAI files installed though. I'll see about wiping out my installation and only install FS2004 and Ultimate Traffic in a while and see what it does.

Now would be the time to do that since I'm in between pilots in FsPassnegers and still working out any details for my 'company' in there.

I'll post later what happens.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

45 minutes is too long, you are (I hope) at a major airport like KSEA.

Then reinstall it over itself and be sure to follow the directions, especially compile, check all the continents and install updates.

Radar

ivan07 Guest

i was at logan

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's fine, load it over itself and if that wont work uninstall and reinstall it carefully.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Well, I guess I went and bought the wrong version of Ultimate Traffic. It says it's for 2002. Could be why it's not working for me. Anyone have this version working fine for FS2004?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Mithheru wrote:

Well, I guess I went and bought the wrong version of Ultimate Traffic. It says it's for 2002. Could be why it's not working for me. Anyone have this version working fine for FS2004?

Scroll down to near the bottom of this page. There is a free update, read it over carefully to see if it applies to you (note date and version number).

https://www.simshack.net/products/traffic-360-ai-traffic-fsx-prepar3d-688

Radar

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Try asking the people at the flight1 forums here: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net and here: http://www.simforums.com/

There are whole threads dedicated to Ultimate Traffic, and you will be more likley to recive quicker and more informed answers there (not that the people here aren't compleate guru's though 😉 )

Hope this helps

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks, and to think all this time I had this I didn't bother to look for an update. I'm getting a lot further in this now that the update is installed. Will report back in an hour or so after I've put back in my favorite planes and updated the scenery files.

Pro Member First Officer

Ivan, after you installed Ultimate Traffic did you run it and select Compile? I did that now that I have the update installed and followed the prompts. Everything runs fine and I'm hearing ATC traffic with Alaska, United, and the other airlines I would expect around KSEA.

Edit: I loaded up Fs2004 at Logan Intl (KBOS). Hopefully this is the same Logan you mentioned. Everything was fine there. I had 2 planes ahead of me and 6 behind when I finally got to the runway and took off. SO I think if you haven't done it yet you should load Ultimate Traffic and select Compile. I took a screenshot and circled Compile for visual reference.

Just follow the prompts from there and everything should run fine. If not let me know and I'll see waht else I can do to help.

Ivan7 Guest

WHAT DO I DO WHEN I GO TO COMPILE?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ivan7 wrote:

WHAT DO I DO WHEN I GO TO COMPILE?

I made a post further back in this thread about what to check.
Press the compile button and let it do it's work, just say ok to whatever it want's to do.
Follow some of the other things I listed also.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

What RadarMan said. Just say OK to anything the program wants and let it do it's thing. THis may seem a nuisance, but I'm sure this is what will get your airports active. I tried a take off from KSEA a few minutes ago and must have had over half a dozen planes ahead of me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Once you've compiled you may find your FS world very busy. I once had a Southwest 737 pushback and stick its tail out onto the runway I was taking off from at KBUR. 😂

Keep at it, you'll get it working, I am sure.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I once had a Southwest 737 pushback and stick its tail out onto the runway I was taking off from at KBUR.

Not to hijack the thread, but I was curious, did you smack him?
Happened to me once, poor plane rolled right over after takeoff (mine of course, I dont think you can crash a AI aircraft.)

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I was in a Beech 1900D, which is surprisingly nimble. I went to the far right side of the runway and just missed him. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Bow Down Nice!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...