FS Passenger

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Has anyone had much experience using FS Passenger??

I have read a few posts on other sites about people raving about this product so i thought I'd give it a try (20 notes if anyone's interested!).

BIG mistake. My first flight from Leeds to Heathrow was shot down while flying my approach over London. Although you can turn this "feature" off this offers little in terms of realism as i believe it was a little time ago since London was classed as a war zone and i can't remember the last time a 737 was shot down as a result of present day hostile activities.

Anyone else have a view on this unrealistic add on?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

I personally like FsPassengers. Without the Warzone feature though it'd just be another semi-boring Add-On Evil or Very Mad . Sure its not realistic, but its adds some intrest and excitement to a long flight. 🙂

BTW, the $39.00 price tag is a little high really. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

I love FsPassengers. I do intend to edit the file for the warzones. Places like London seem a bit out of place as a hostile area. Unless you flew over a buiolding or area that is off limits. Even if that were true it should at least give you warning before they let loose on you.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Don't have a problem with it as an add on (although a little expensive) but why is it set as a default feature? It does add realism to fs9 but spoils its self with the war zone feature which should be left to be discovered when bored rather than ruining a perfectly good flight.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I agree..... even a warning would be nice!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I think the War Zone in question hovers right over the parliment house, so I believe the reason for being shot down is because of the restricted airspace, but yet, I don't think one would be shot down. Just turn off that particular war zone, and the one over California, which is just a DEMO war zone

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I agree turning it off is not a problem....but at £20 for a realistic add-on it's not a good start for a first flight.

..... I know i should give it a chance before being so damning but first impressions and all.......

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Maybe a little more thought from the developers is needed or maybe even some competition from someone on here!!??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My opinion is that its an add-on as real as it gets.Of course it needs improvments to some points but the war zone issue dont bather me at all(even if i had i get a hot in my tank over Vatican in past)
They are restricted areas of the world which flying over is forbidden.Thats why the FSPax call them War Zones.

My opinion of course. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I agree.... apart from my original gripe which is London...... i just don't see where the "war Zone" concept comes into play...... which makes me question what other major inaccuracies are included, bearing in mind that this is not some two bit freeware software but indeed a commercial product being sold for a similar price as the masterpiece FS9 itself!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Again, as I've said before, I personally DON'T think it's a real good idea to fly over parliment. It'd be like flying over the White House here. Bad things happen when people do that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

FS Passengers is a very good add-onn. The fact that when you fly over London you may get shot down is a little unrealistic I guess-especially today, but it does add a little excitement to your flight. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...