Editing Wikipedia

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I've been using Wikipedia.org for a long time as a very good source of infomation, but only today did I realise there is a small 'edit' link at the end of each paragraph.

I was looking up the history of my local airfield, Ardmore (NZAR) and clicked the link to see what happens. I added the line:

It is also the home base for Mountain Air, a regonal airline servicing the nearby Great Barrier Island and other domestic destinations

to the 'Present Day' paragraph and I'm interested to know if you guys can see it also, or is it just on my PC. Check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardmore_Airport

If it is possible that you can see it, how come all the articles havn't been screwed up by annoying little vandles who want to write in swear words and stuff? Is it really that easy?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

I checked out the link and your line you added is there. I've never really used WIkipedia, but I guess I should start. Looks like some good reference material in there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

wikipedia is simply brilliant, and after a study by the BBC, usually correct and with more resources and correct info than your average encyclopedia.

when you edit a page, it saves - but it gets added to a wiki moderator who usually puts it back to its old self.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

OK, Thanks for the info guys....I wonder how you submit your own page?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...