Take off trouble...

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

I am trying to take off in the PMDG 747 and I used the load manager and I am not at the max take of weight but I am close to it. I just tried taking off but ended up taking off in the grass just after the runway. I noticed the airport has a runway that is slightly longer so I should be able to take off there is there anyway in flight simulator that I can request that runway for take off? I can't get up to speed on the runway they sent me to. If i can't request that runway then how else can I get this thing off the ground in time. I have flaps set to 10 for takeoff.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You should have a choice of runways from within standard Flight Simulator ATC function. This choice is based on departure direction. Try making the wind favor the runway you want. The 747 takes alot of runway near Max takeoff weight. (MTOW) I would want 10000 ft. Made sure spoiler aren't deployed. Rotate at proper Rotation speed (V)r for weight. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

How do I select a runway if I have an IFR flight plan?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

On the ramp, select the ATC Icon on the panel. I don't have your add on but this icon is on the panel of the stock flight sim. There will be a menu for ATIS, ground control, taxi,departure direction.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Flaps on 5% if u are flying the big poings and put ur auto brakes to RTO, then put 100% n1 and whenthe speed is about 12 try to oull up the nose up and stay in 2 degrrease angle sty like this til u get the 155 kts(ktots) and then pull up ur nose to 20 persent and wait 1500 ft in 2000 ft get ur nose to 15 degrease angle and then get ur altitude but 10 degrease angle pitch. thts it man no problems.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...