Vatsim

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi all.

Could i possibly ask a few questions about VATSIM. Well...here they are.

1) I realise that VATSIM is a website for online play - in this case Flight Simulator. Do I have to be a Professional Pilot because I am only 14 yrs old and to be honest im know where near professional!

2) When i try to create a Membership, I type in my e-mail address and it says that it isn't supported by an Internet Service Provider. What does this mean? How do I get an e-mail address with an Internet Service Provider??

3) If I were to get registered, then how would you do online play with FS2004? Would you have to load FS up and have VatSim opened up on your screen? If so..how do you do that?

4) And finally - does anyone here do online play at VATSIM - if so who?

Thanks for your time!

SteveT

P.S - Does anyone know anything about TeamSpeak RC2 - if so how do you work it???

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

SteveT wrote:

Hi all.

Could i possibly ask a few questions about VATSIM. Well...here they are.

1) I realise that VATSIM is a website for online play - in this case Flight Simulator. Do I have to be a Professional Pilot because I am only 14 yrs old and to be honest im know where near professional!

2) When i try to create a Membership, I type in my e-mail address and it says that it isn't supported by an Internet Service Provider. What does this mean? How do I get an e-mail address with an Internet Service Provider??

3) If I were to get registered, then how would you do online play with FS2004? Would you have to load FS up and have VatSim opened up on your screen? If so..how do you do that?

4) And finally - does anyone here do online play at VATSIM - if so who?

Thanks for your time!

SteveT

P.S - Does anyone know anything about TeamSpeak RC2 - if so how do you work it???

1- No, you don't have to be great, but you do need to be proficint in the plane that you are flying.

2- VATSIM dose not let people use free e-mail adresses, like yahoo for example.

3- You just need to download Squawk Box 3 and read the tutorial. If you do join VATSIM drop me a PM and I can give you more detailed instructions.

4- Yea, I do. 🙂

Good Luck.

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Having visited Vatsim's 'Pilot's Resource Centre' and gone through the "Required reading" - "Pilot's Orientation" - "Pilot Etiquette Guide - etc - etc - etc - etc. it appears that Vatsim's idea of "proficiency" is about the equivalent to being a fully blown airline pilot . I'm putting ideas of flying 'online' on the back burner - it may be lonely up there but at least I'll be having fun! Airline pilots go to work - I fly for recreation.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I know what you mean. There are times I find the built in ATC in FS more than I can handle. I mean I have one hand on the joystick, another on the keyboard and they want me to acknowledge something and switch frequencies.

I decided Vatsim would change things from enjoyable to stressful.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Yeah, I still fly for recreation, by my definition of that has definitly changed =). I love the level of realism they like to hold, and it certainly enhances my experience with FS! You'll also find you'll be put in more situations they you could ever imagine while you're flying on VATSIM, and there are real people there to work through the situations with. Its such a pleasure. I even do my VFR flights on VATSIM now as well!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...