Vatsim

Pro Member Trainee
ivan deyahs (mpenziboy) Trainee

hi,
I am new to this forum but i had a question for those using Vatsim to fly... I tried to sign up yesterday for it but they did not accept my email. 🙄 thing is i ony have a yahoo email but they require some sort of official email. i looked for contact emails on vatsim to taalk to one of the administrators but could not get one. any help would do. i have been using radar contact and i think am ready for vatsim. thanx in advance

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee

anybody... am really eager to try this(Vatsim) out cause everybody says its the best....

it is the best, talking to real people and using real operattions and phraseology. much better than ANY other atc available. Get a new email address free off of BT or someone like that just to register with vatsim.

Pro Member Trainee

thank you...i waited for the reply but i was so impatient i singed up with IVAO.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Great, welcome to IVAO Wink

Hope you'll enjoy your time; and as always, any questions, never hesitate to ask!

Pro Member Trainee

Thanx ARD-DC... i have been reading alot from IVAO website and am not sure if i have to download Squawkbox from somewhere else.... do i need it? am going to college class but will be back soon... 😀

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Hi there,

No you don't need squawkbox, as a pilot there are three things you'll need to download before starting:

IVAP -The Pilot client, substitute for Sq.Box
IVAE - Standalone program that shows the "IVAO Online World" and all sorts of information related to it.
MTL Installer - (adds lots of planes/liveries to FS9 so you see the correct planes for other people)

IVAP and IVAE can be found on this page: http://www.ivao.aero/softdev/
The MTL installer is here: http://mtl.ivao.aero/downl.asp

Let me know if you run into any install. trouble.

Rg. Ardjan

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

mpenziboy,

Try going to www.4email.net and creating an account. When I was going to join Vatsim I was pointed in the direction of the above website and it seemed to work for me and I was able to register.

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

mpenziboy,

Try going to www.4email.net and creating an account. When I was going to join Vatsim I was pointed in the direction of the above website and it seemed to work for me and I was able to register.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Odyssey wrote:

mpenziboy,

AWSOME !! I had the same problem as mpenziboy. I really wanted to join VATSIM and it wouldn't let me cause I had a hotmail account. Thank you so much Odyssey

(edited for crappy spelling)

Pro Member Trainee

thanx ARD-DC. i had to reinstall windows as i got a nforce 590 mobo.... i think ill get everything back by tomorrow and the get on with flying. Odyssey thanx for the info but i think am too late for that....something fishy is going on here. are there two different IVAOs? ..... they look kind of the same but i cant log on to the link you gave me. ARD-DC...whats up with that. is one site dead? Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I've joined VATSIM two weeks ago, and yes you need to have a "normal" e-mail account for them to accept you. I think they even emphasize that somewhere on the application page. Anyway, good luck! 🍻

Pro Member Trainee

here's the thing... do i need to use( is it a must) a headset with a mic during team speak on IVAO or can i use a mic and my regular desktop speakers? my Nforce mobo came with a tiny cool looking mic and i see no need to upgrade to a headset with mic... thanx Juggle

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Hi Mpenzi,

Not sure what you were getting at with the websites, There is only one IVAO, and at this moments all sites work fine.

There are a lot of different subdomains and even private domains that belong to the IVAO network; and the network is a bit tricky to navigate at the start, Don't give up hope though; just go to the main ivao.aero site and navigate from there.

If you're looking for specific info and you can't find it, just ask 🙂

You do not need a headset; I also use desktop speakers and mic.
I do however keep a good eye on the output volume when I speak, and mute my speakers when necessary. Also, place your mic. as far away as possible from the computer so you won't have too much background noise.

Pro Member Trainee

there is IVAO.org and IVAo.aero i re registered and did my first flight from LHR to Eham. the problem is Ivao has very few controllers. i had to use unicom all the way so i was a bit disappointed. 😞

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...