Firefox Jokeys

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I am looking for a free 'Download Manager' for Firefox. Nothing fancy but with a user-friendly interface.

The only function important to me is to be able to continue interrupted Downloads.

As I am not prepared to use another browser, it must be fully compatible with Firefox. I found a list full to choose from 😳 but I really only need one.

Any ideas? Read Dont Know

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I never used one, when I had dial-up I didn't do downloading but when I saw how fast cable was I signed up immediately.
I've had it for almost 7 years now and download much larger files than we have for this sim.
A friend of mine always used "DAP" and swore by it, your call, I'm sure others will have similar stories.

http://www.speedbit.com/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAP is good ,i use it in past but...it gives you a spam which will be noticed for ever from spybot and also some extra cookies cause of some advertisment running in the upper level.
I also use had used Flashget and had the same thing like DAP.

Except of this two small problems they are working great and the Download Basket option they gave(you can save the file you want to download and you can download it later)its a great utilitie.

Im now working with Windows default.

I thought that Firefox has something familiar,if i remember well for the short time i use it...Probably im wrong Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

There seems to be quite a few extensions on the firefox site that integrate various download manager packages.

I don't use a download manager I am afraid so am unable to pass comment on which are any good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thank you Gentlemen, problem solved. Hack

Idea

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...