Firefox on the move... MS IE a bit jammed up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

ALERT!! As a long-time user of Firefox I regard it as my sacred duty to draw your attention to the fact that Firefox is gaining ground even on U.S. Territory.

Those who are concerned about security of whatever nature should read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/17/AR2005121700092.html

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+patch+jams+up+IE/2100-1002_3-5999193.html

Firefox Rules!

Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Congradulations to Firefox! Within another year or 2 they may just be able to hunt down the ever-dominent IE!

Well done!! Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

First, this belongs in the Off-Topic forum since it has nothing to do with FS.

Second, Firefox is slower than IE and does not render many sites correctly.

Third, people who do not apply security updates in a timely manner, deserve what they get.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Monday, December 19, 2005

Microsoft warns of ‘critical’ flaw...The problem mainly affects the Windows operating system and Microsoft’s Internet Explorer Web browser...Microsoft said the vulnerability exists in its Internet Explorer Web browser...

more ➡ http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2005%5C12%5C19%5Cstory_19-12-2005_pg6_2

Fear 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Nonsense. I rely on the browser to download all of my add-ons for FS. I use my computer almost exclusively for FS and FS related sites.
Therefore my browser has everything to do with FS.

And that's all I have to say to that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Mozilla's Firefox browser is now ahead of the Internet Explorer in terms of usage on European computers...The main reason for users shunning Microsoft's Internet Explorer is the dodgy security in the latter...the fact remains that IE supports the ActiveX controls, which remains the main channel for the entry of malicious codes as well as spyware. Firefox does not support these controls...Firefox scores heavily over Internet Explorer...All said and done, Firefox is at the moment ahead of Internet Explorer in the stakes and this should serve as a wake-up call to the Redmond honchos.

more ➡ http://www.abcmoney.co.uk/news/1920051566.htm

Whistle

Pro Member Chief Captain

I wish this forum software had the same functionality as most usenet newsreaders which allow one to avoid even seeing off-topic nonsense.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Second, Firefox is slower than IE and does not render many sites correctly.

Third, people who do not apply security updates in a timely manner, deserve what they get.

1. probably

2. Firefox is actually faster in general and the reason it doesn't render some sites correctly is because they are poorly coded. Microsoft IE lets web developers get away murder with poorly formed code not written to actual coding standards, write it properly and it will render just as well Wink

3. indeed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I wish this forum software had the same functionality as most usenet newsreaders which allow one to avoid even seeing off-topic nonsense.

I wish it had anti-PMS-ware to stop cranky people being so for no particular reason 😛 You knew the topic was OT, why come back to read more of it? 😛

Those who come back to see things they wish not to, deserve everything they get Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i've used firefox since 0.6 i think..best decision i ever made! so much better, tabs mmm.

however 1.5 does not support a lot of the flash parameters, and isn;t friendly with flash 8.

if you use flash, or go on sites like weebls-stuff.co.uk then get flash 1.4.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

I wish it had anti-PMS-ware to stop cranky people being so for no particular reason 😛 You knew the topic was OT, why come back to read more of it? 😛

Those who come back to see things they wish not to, deserve everything they get Wink

Oh well, so ends my campaign to reign in chaos. Don't blame me when folks start posting knitting instructions and food recipes.

Maybe there is an FS forum somewhere that actually discusses FS.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Don't blame me when folks start posting knitting instructions and food recipes.

ROFL

I'm sure it won't get that far, though a knitting forum would be great 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Come on Crash...Relax..Your comments are always helpful and willing...maybe you put them in a litle sharp way but its you...Your unique way which i personally like and find it pure and not on bad purpose(i cant find the excact translation of the word i have on my mind in the dictionary Embarassed )...
I dont like to hear about other sites Forums etc.You know that we are the best and your one of them who helps us be the bests.

Sorry if i stick my noose right after all of your posts but if i dont appriciate your knowledges and your character i would prefer stay silent.

Apologise if im a pain in the Ass for you.This isnt my purpose. ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Sorry if i stick my noose right after all of your posts but if i dont appriciate your knowledges and your character i would prefer stay silent.

😂 I think you meant "nose". A noose is what you tie the rope into in order to hang people. Hmm, maybe you didn't mean nose, after all. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

😂 I think you meant "nose". A noose is what you tie the rope into in order to hang people. Hmm, maybe you didn't mean nose, after all. 😳

Come on Crash...you know what i mean... Idea
Dont tease me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ...
Its well known that im the biggest brick Wall Bashing in English language... Read Read Read

If i dont know how to write the damn nose how could i know about noose???...its seems to scientific for me Wacko ...
But thats the reason i write you all of the above...You always have to learn us something... 😉 😂 And today i learn noose... 😀

Thanks Crash... ❗ 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Come on Crash...you know what i mean... Idea
Dont tease me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ...
Its well known that im the biggest brick Wall Bashing in English language... Read Read Read

If i dont know how to write the damn nose how could i know about noose???...its seems to scientific for me Wacko ...
But thats the reason i write you all of the above...You always have to learn us something... 😉 😂 And today i learn noose... 😀

Thanks Crash... ❗ 😉

Compared to our Greek, your English is absolutely perfect Yes I don't know one word in Greek Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Στην υγεια μας.... 🍻 😉

If you dont get it ask TTT.Im more than sure that he knows... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The award-winning Web browser is better than ever. Browse the Web with confidence - Firefox protects you from viruses, spyware and pop-ups. Enjoy improvements to performance, ease of use and privacy. It's easy to import your favorites and settings and get started. Download Firefox now and get the most out of the Web...

Faster Browsing
Enjoy quick page loading as you navigate back and forward in a browsing session. Improvements to the engine that powers Firefox deliver more accurate display of complex Web sites, support for new Web standards, and better overall performance.

Automatic Updates
The new Software Update feature makes it easy to get the latest security and feature updates to Firefox. Firefox automatically downloads these small updates in the background and prompts you when they are ready to be installed.

Stronger Security
Firefox keeps you more secure when you’re browsing the Web, closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses. The Firefox community of developers and security experts works around the clock to monitor security issues and release updates to better protect you.

Clear Private Data
Protect your privacy with the new Clear Private Data tool. With a single click, you can delete all personal data, including browsing history, cookies, Web form entries and passwords.

more ➡ http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...