Missing river

Guest2 Guest

Help needed by newbie to FS2004. I have had this flight sim. for a while and have been generally pleased with the performance until now. Yesterday I decided to create a flight that would take me up the river Thames through London. The buildings are all there but no river! I know I'm in the right place because of the various boats and ships parked in the default scenery. Everywhere else I've flown including around Manhattan has been faultless. Is this a known bug in the program? The system I'm running on is P4 3.2GHZ, 1 gig ram, 128mb ATI Radeon 9700 graphics card and Direct X 9.0b. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Clean out your old video drivers and load the latest ones. You also need the latest DirectX 9.0c.
See if that helps.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Guest2 Guest

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go. It just seems strange that all other games software including some that are quite demanding system-wise run without a hitch.

Guest Ed Guest

Didn't you hear? The River Thames was sold to American investors, and moved to a location near Las Vegas, Nevada, in the US, so that it once again flows under London Bridge.

😂

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Twisted Evil

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I know that the MS update covered missing bridges,but the Thames is dry !😳

Let us know how you get on

Guest Ed Guest

Guest2,

Well, I just took off from London City Airport in FS09, and the Thames is in fact still flowing through London. So I'd say no, it's not an issue with FS, it's your system.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...