Any scanner or radio junkies here that could help me?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a base station scanner in the future to supplement my 72XLT handheld, and was wondering if anyone here would be albe to advice me on buying antennas?

I'm looking to mount it on the roof so that it has a height advantage over the surrounding buildings, but am not sure about mounting it etc.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Jarred. 😉

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have a colleguae that works in the Antennas section of my company.
Unfortunately i will meet him again tommorow.
I ensure that i will ask from him some advices links or whatever and i ll give them to you. 😉
Remember the scanner i had reffered to in an old post of mine?He has gave me all the infos(and more)about it. 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

OK thanks very much Greekman, I'll try dig out that old post now. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No need to.Here you are ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10491/vitual-radar/

I ll come tommorow with more infos. 😉

(If the page comeS in Greek Language hit the English flag in the upper right.)

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Cool thanks for the link GM. 👍

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Oh GM, sorry I should have worded my question better, I was meaning an ATC radio scanner, no need to apologise though! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Oh GM, sorry I should have worded my question better, I was meaning an ATC radio scanner, no need to apologise though! 😉

I get what you want my friend.I just only gave you the link to look after just in case you will find something in the other products that offers.Anyway tomorrow i ll try to collect infos about what you looking for 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Thanks for that GM! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well Jarred ,my friend gave me this two links in order to get a path to start searching.If you have any other more specific questions or you can give me more specific infos i ll try to find you more stuff. 😉

Feel free to ask. 🙂

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanants.html

http://www.wimo.de/framesetp_e.html

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Cool thanks for the links GM, they proved very helpful, if you see your friend sometime soon tell him I said thanks for the info. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have done it in advanced my friend.
If you need something more specific feel free to ask. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...