FS passengers

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Is there a way to save your progress should you need to reinstall?

Just had to do a fresh install of XP and annoyingly had to start from scratch with FSP.

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

What about making a back-up of your FS9 on DVD. Then you shouldn't have to re-install.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Not sure FS would reinstall from a dvd backup... think it would need the 4 disk install

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

kianok wrote:

Not sure FS would reinstall from a dvd backup... think it would need the 4 disk install

Copy all of your FS folders.
After you finished your OS installation and any other programs you want install FS.
Make a back up of your clear of add-ons new folder just in case(by removing them in another folder.
Paste in the empty folder the one you have save in your DVD.

Let us know. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

That may not work Greekman. What about the registry?

Next time this happens, what about the following. before you wipe the HD copy the whole of FS9 on a back up DVD. After you reformat reinstall FS9 then copy over the backup from the DVD.

This may not work with the payware addons you have downloaded. make a separte backup of the payware .exe files. That's what I've done.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

is there not just one file that records your progress so it can be imported/ swaped for the default?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

That may not work Greekman. What about the registry?

Next time this happens, what about the following. before you wipe the HD copy the whole of FS9 on a back up DVD. After you reformat reinstall FS9 then copy over the backup from the DVD.

This may not work with the payware addons you have downloaded. make a separte backup of the payware .exe files. That's what I've done.

I have no reason to doubt about your state Liono.I havent try it.I just make a thought...thats why i said to back up his original file. 😉

Thanks for your thought. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Thanks four both your thoughts.... any help appreciated 😀

Guest1 Guest

Go to your Microsoft games/flight simulator 9/fsassengers/database folder.... and back up them files, then once youve reinstalled fs 2004, and fspassengers, copy the files in the database folder over to the new installation of fs2004.

That folder contains all your pilot logs.. companys etc

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Guest1 wrote:

Go to your Microsoft games/flight simulator 9/fsassengers/database folder.... and back up them files, then once youve reinstalled fs 2004, and fspassengers, copy the files in the database folder over to the new installation of fs2004.

That folder contains all your pilot logs.. companys etc

Guest1 you deserve a medal or at least a free lifetime membership for Flyaway. You have actually read the topic and the Post subject:

Post subject: FS passengers
Is there a way to save your progress should you need to reinstall?

Just had to do a fresh install of XP and annoyingly had to start from scratch with FSP.

and suggested the only sensible solution pertaining to the original enquiry. My compliments. 👏

Thanks Guest1...... makes perfect sense !

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Guest1...... makes perfect sense !

sorry... forgot to sign in Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Makes you wonder why some members insist on non-members being prevented from posting.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

indeed, newbies like me need all the help we cant get... member or not.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...