FS9 Wont Recognise Disk 4

Jamie4590 Guest

I've installed an add-on aircraft to FS9 and it loaded ok but now I'm getting an error message when I try to run FS9: 'Please insert disk 4' even though its in the drive. The drive also makes some strange noises. The drive appears ok in device manager so why wont FS9 recognise disk 4?

The last add-on I installed was FSPassengers. It loaded at first but now it wont.

Any ideas?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use the NO-CD Crack.
Do you have 9.0 the original or 9.1 the patched version.

Radar

Jamie4590 Guest

I upgraded to FS9.1 and got hold of a no cd patch so it now loads without the disk. Phew!

After installing the SSTSIM from Flight1 and associated patches and upgrades my DVD drive no longer recognises any CD ROM or DVD's but it still plays CD's. I've discovered this has happened to other people after installing add-on aircraft. Luckily I wont be needing the drive for a while anyway. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I upgraded to FS9.1 and got hold of a no cd patch so it now loads without the disk. Phew!

After installing the SSTSIM from Flight1 and associated patches and upgrades my DVD drive no longer recognises any CD ROM or DVD's but it still plays CD's. I've discovered this has happened to other people after installing add-on aircraft. Luckily I wont be needing the drive for a while anyway. 😀

😀 Glad to see that worked.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...