Question about CH yoke

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

I recently got the CH Yoke and am liking it so far 🙂 One thing though, I assume the three levers on the yoke are for throttle, mixture and prop control on GA aircraft? When I fly the default C172, only the throttle seems to work though. The prop lever isn't applicable to this aircraft of course, but the mixture lever should work I think. I went into assignments, but it seems to only want a button command for the "lean mixture" and "enrich mixture" commands. When I move the middle lever up and down it doesn't seem to read it at all.

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot... JTH 🙂

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Well since the 172 has a fixed prop the prop lever will have no effect. If your mixture control is mapped correctly, when you pull the lever all the way back it should kill the engine. Make sure that when you go to settings the drop down window for controller says CH Yoke.

I use the middle lever for prop and the right most for mixture. I've also painted them blue and red respectivly as they are found in most planes. The throttle I've painted black.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

JTH wrote:

I recently got the CH Yoke and am liking it so far 🙂 One thing though, I assume the three levers on the yoke are for throttle, mixture and prop control on GA aircraft? When I fly the default C172, only the throttle seems to work though. The prop lever isn't applicable to this aircraft of course, but the mixture lever should work I think. I went into assignments, but it seems to only want a button command for the "lean mixture" and "enrich mixture" commands. When I move the middle lever up and down it doesn't seem to read it at all.

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot... JTH 🙂

Click on the other tab and assign the mixture to the correct axis.

It should work like a charm afterward. Assign the other lever to the prop so that when you fly a plane that has the feature, it willl work without any more tinkering.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

And, make sure that you have NOT set automixture.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...