Being a Moderator

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

In one of my recent topics I have posted some plane spotting photos and one member, Tailhook mentioned me as a moderator! 😀 😳

What do you think?

Do you think I really could me a moderator? I WOULD LOVE TO BE ONE and it would be a priviledge! 😀

Radarman - I would love to be one of you (just to mention one mod)

Answers 27 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I think you could be a good moderator,you'd do a great job! 😉 After all,I'm moderator of flyaway germany...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan doesnt take the decisions(unfortunately) about who is moderating this site my friend Steve. 😉

The only responsible for this isflyaway....

But believe me its much much harder than you think... 😉

Last edited by Greekman72 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Not for me! 😀 Flyaway germany is so much smaller(3000 members and flyaway america ha 70 000!)No topicless threads,no useless posts,just the ocassional swear...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Not for me! 😀 Flyaway germany is so much smaller(3000 members and flyaway america ha 70 000!)No topicless threads,no useless posts,just the ocassional swear...

Fly Away is a UK site my friend hms. 😉
I have no doubt about your moderating skills and we all can see it from your behaviour and your kind of posts here. 👍
Im glad to hear that you accept flyaways offer and you are doing fine with it. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain

How do you think I would do?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

How do you think I would do?

Do what dear SteveT?
Ask to be a moderator?If yes just PM to flyaway and ask his opinion... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

But whats yours? 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

But whats yours? 🙂

You ask my opinion about you dear Steve?
OK i will told you openly. 🙂
You have excellent flight skills and i can confirm it cause i have fly with you in past in my first multiplayer experience.
You are kind and clever young man,some time you are a litle inpatient 😉 😀 ,and you need a lilte more work in order to learn better about how to use forums. 😉 Of course thats not so bad anyway...Im sure that you do it cause you was in a hurry and not on purpose. ❗

All of the above shows a promising,decent,and logic young man.
The only think you need is a litle maturity more cause of this great advantage you have...What is this???To be a young man... 😉

This my opinion my friend and i apologise Embarassed Crying or Very sad in advanced if you think that in any of my points i was offended to you.
No meaning to do it cause you already know how much i appriciate you. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thats very nice of you Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Thats very nice of you Greekman72

I hope you mean it and dont feel offended. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

😉 😀 Nope not at all GM

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

😉 😀 Nope not at all GM

You are a great guy Mike. 😉

🍻

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Flyaway America? Wall Bashing

Flyaway Worldwide! 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

SteveT, not tryin to break the bubble, but I've been barkin' up the moderator tree for quite a while now with no luck. HOWEVER, I also have THE quickest temper of anyone here, I do believe....that's a setback for sure 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

In one of my recent topics I have posted some plane spotting photos and one member, Tailhook mentioned me as a moderator!

Did I?

One of the moderators must have deleted that post - I can't find it anywhere. Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Flyaway America? Wall Bashing

Flyaway Worldwide! 👍

Roger!sorry that i forgot!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

SteveT, not tryin to break the bubble, but I've been barkin' up the moderator tree for quite a while now with no luck. HOWEVER, I also have THE quickest temper of anyone here, I do believe....that's a setback for sure 😉

I like you just the way you are FEM 😉
Dont change it ,unless it costs a shot against you(as dear RadarMan sais....)

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

I like you just the way you are FEM 😉
Dont change it ,unless it costs a shot against you(as dear RadarMan sais....)

I agree complately with gm! 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Roger!sorry that i forgot!

Copy that! 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Did I?

One of the moderators must have deleted that post - I can't find it anywhere.

The post wasnt deleted and its here Gents 😉 . ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11707/no-400/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Did I?

One of the moderators must have deleted that post - I can't find it anywhere.

The post wasnt deleted and its here Gents 😉 . ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11707/no-400/

Oh, that post. I appreciate you doing a search for that post Greekman, but you underestimate my obsession with thoroughness. Needless to say, I doublechecked that post of mine prior to posting the one you're quoting.

To save you having to read through the whole thread again, I'll just quote an excerpt of my statement:

When the time comes and you will be nominated for the position of a moderator, you can count on my vote.

What I wrote is exactly what I meant.
Where did I say that I actually nominate anyone for the position of moderator? --- Please enlighten me 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Even though i always have to open dictionary in order to translate your skilly writing in English language i have to admit that i enjoy it.... 😉

If i get right what you mean my friend Tailhook...the only think i had in my mind when i give the link was only to give the link and nothing special or more.
Your sharp and speedy mind has gonne to thoughts that had never pass from my mind.
I dont comment your post about SteveT and ,believe me,although my undrstanding in English sometimes gives me wrong conclusions i think that i clearly understand your meaning. 😉

I think i enlight you 😳

...or i sink you in deeper darkness??? 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey,

Back to the original question. Do we need any more moderators? Too many cooks spoil the broth and if it ain't broke then don't fix it 😉 In my opinion, SteveT would make a fine moderator but whether we need another moderator is another question 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My opinion is that No we dont need more moderators.
The only point i have to do in this is that i would like to see TTT moderating all the forums as dear RadarMan.

The reason is not only he is (TTT)a decent and knowledgable person but i think that RadarMan needs some rest occasionaly... 😉

Two great guys like them can share all the load of the 70000 and more members.

My humble opinion of course. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Hey,

Back to the original question. Do we need any more moderators? Too many cooks spoil the broth and if it ain't broke then don't fix it 😉 In my opinion, SteveT would make a fine moderator but whether we need another moderator is another question 🙂

The original question/topic of this thread begins with a sentence in which it is claimed that I "..mentioned SteveT as a moderator."
Hence my participation in this thread.

Anyone who bothers to read what has been written will come to the conclusion that I never nominated anyone as a moderator and I will never do so because this little game based on the number of meaningless posts is just simply pathetic.
Any outsider would get the impression that if you manage to win the 'post-race' you'll be elligable for the mantle of moderator.

I'd like to bring to the attention to all would-be moderators that the 'glamorous' title of moderator comes at a price. I won't go into details because those involved in the "Race" won't have the time or patience to ponder on those points ... and those who are not partaking in the "Race" don't need any explanations because they have the common sense that others seem to lack.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

...and I was simply giving my opinion as to whether or not SteveT should become a moderator or not. Nothing more, which is the general gist of his opening post 😉

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Lets keep calm...I think we reach low pressure 😳 level without meaning 😉 ...moderating is an issue that the only responsible here is flyaway... 😉

Lets get back in our flights... 😉

🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...