Mt. Rushmore in FS2004 is Dismal

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

I flew a Skyhawk past the Mount Rushmore Memorial. It was really pathetic, and I did not recognize it at first. The heads of the four Presidents were sticking up like the the heads of "bobble-head" dolls-- without the bobble bodies. The people of South Dakota should complain to Bill Gates.

While I was in the area I looked for the unfinished carving of Chief Crazy Horse, but I did not find him. I guess microsoft doesn't know about Crazy Horse. Mad

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest

Would agree entirely with your views - I flew past it at least 6 times before I recognised the heads - took a screenshot and no amount of editing/sharpening made any difference to the 'blob' effect.
A great pity that M$ didn't take more care with the presentation of one of your nations finest monuments Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
dkozin Trainee

I was surprised to find that Microsoft had included the large tire (perhaps 80ft tall) that serves as a comical landmark in the Metro Detroit Area, but did miss Crazy Horse (the tire can be found just west of DTW). It would not have been an issue for me if Rushmore wasn't listed as a "scenic" tour flight.

On a side note: one hour ago I took off from Seattle and I am heading to LAX with my first Jet experience (the 777). I find it much easier to fly than I would have expected, perhaps the modern conviences make it more flyable.

If South Dakota was in charge, we may end up with the "Wall Drugs" scenery kit. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...