Landmarks

Pro Member Trainee
Bumbyter Trainee

I tried the Mt. Rushmore easy scenic flight and, even though I visited it about 40 years ago in a 1953 Buick, I couldn't find it! Things sure look different from a Cessna. I've tried to find other prominent features in various countries and always have great difficulty. Is there a map view that shows mountains, rivers, cities etc. with names? No points for guessing that I'm a noob.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rushmore is there, in fact it's one of the already loaded flights that you can take.

Or you can buy this, it looks like it's exactly what your looking for.

http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s497.htm

If you do get it let us know how you like it.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I just can't work out how Radar Man does it.

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

I found Mt. Rushmore a while ago, but I missed it the first time. The default faces are not on the face of a cliff, as in real life, but stick up like doll heads above the top of the cliff. Microsoft didn't spend much time working on Mt. Rushmore. Crying or Very sad

The Mt. Rushmore flight was the one I was referring to. Thanks for the Abacus link, I'll try the demo.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Paiute wrote:

I found Mt. Rushmore a while ago, but I missed it the first time. The default faces are not on the face of a cliff, as in real life, but stick up like doll heads above the top of the cliff. Microsoft didn't spend much time working on Mt. Rushmore. Crying or Very sad

True, it looks a bit cartoonish in a Monty Python sort of way.

OTOH, I found Devil's Tower once and regret spending the time looking for it, as it made Mt. Rushmore look totally real by comparison. 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...