A sad day in NZ aviation - mid air collision

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Hey everyone,

Watching the TV news tonight, one of the main stories was about a mid air collision just south of Palmerston North, New Zealand - a few hundred km south of where CT and myself live. Both pilots were obviously killed instantly when the 2 Piper's collided in uncontrolled airspace. The article and video can be viewed here:

http://www.tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411319/658515

My heart goes out to the pilots friends and families,
Jarred. Crying or Very sad

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I also saw it on the 6 o' clock news to Jarred- it's very sad news 😞 I hope both pilots Rest In Peace.

On the subject, did you know flying is the safest way to travel? There are hundereds more car and passenger related acciedents world wide than aircraft incidences, but the reason we tend to hear more about the aviation ones are because they are so rare.

I think it is correct to say that you are more likley to be struck be lightning than to be involved in a plane crash ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

The only trouble is that in an air crash you are completely screwed...

in a car crash at least you are on the ground and have some hope of survival.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

in a car crash at least you are on the ground and have some hope of survival.

True but then again,you'll probably suffer more waiting for the ambulance than if you had instant death.
Sad storie Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

We had a mid-air crash in California, as well. Most GA aircraft have huge blind spots and no proximity warning systems.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

That's so sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

May both pilots rest in peace.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...