Mid-Air refuelling?

BashDaBish Guest

Are there any addons (payware or freeware) that allow Mid-Air refuelling in FS2004?

I have seen references to it on other aircraft downloads that suggest this is only possible with FS2002?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong 😉

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Even if there is, I don't think it would be very realistic other than just a plane appearing behind your jet with a flash refueling you. I may be wrong, but it is somehow complicated to make such kind of an addon. I could be very wrong though, if i am, i am truly sorry 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I downloaded an f-16 that has a refuel probe come out of it. I you pull up to a big jet it looks like your refueling it. 😀 Be careful it doesn't make a turn though. I got it off of avsim.

BashDaBish Guest

I cannot for the life of me remember where I read about refuelling. All I can remember was a readme saying that it will work in 2002 but not in 2004 due to its limitations. I am sure it was on an a/c I downloaded.

Ah well.....you win some you lose some, and some more, more, more until there's nothing left to lose.......then you can only win 😀

BashDaBish Guest

Got yer you little tinker! Have a look at this

http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=416&rfid=rc42a619ee51984&

Basically says this

VERY ADVANCED IN-FLIGHT REFUELING MODULE (FOR FS2002 ONLY)
- Includes 3 sets of sound for Italian, English or German pilots (automatically selected)
- Radar guidance to tanker
- Complete procedure is guided by sound files and text messages, based on available NATO documents, highly realistic.
- Includes KC10/VC10 tanker with protection F16 fighter in formation.
- Boom system and hose/drogue system available (Tornado uses hose/drogue system)
- Can refuel ANY aircraft in-flight
- Configuration file editable to increase or decrease realism.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

This is Lago's Tornado and as you point out has Air Refuelling built in. It is very good 🙂

BashDaBish Guest

It looks immense....I was going to get it but was put off by the fact the Air Refuelling only works in 2002. I even considered reinstalling FS2002 for this Tornado so I could use the mid-air refuelling.....gave up though as I had sold FS2002 on Ebay thinking its days were numbered 😞

This is the reason for my original question. Why the monkey's does FS2004 not have anything like this?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

It works on FS2004, I've done it!

Dave

BashDaBish Guest

Well blow me down! That answers that one then. 🍻

Was it just a case of installing and using or did you have to change/tweak anything to get it working?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

As far as I know it just 'worked'.

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

I have tornado its not as easy as u think takes a lot of practice.
Evil or Very Mad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...