GPS System

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

really simple one - I load up the GPS System and I've noticed there's a button on there that says OBS - if you press it, a little thing comes up in yellow saying SUSP - what on earth is this?

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

believe it holds the current waypoint even when you have passed onto the next. If you de select it then resumes tracking the selected course.

I'm sure the benefit of this will be explained in more detail 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SUSP = suspend waypoint sequencing Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Guest Ed explains it here:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/4411/gps-question/

Hope it helps 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

GPS OBS Button:

Suspends normal waypoint sequencing of GPS. Used when flying a instrument approach that begins with a holding pattern that you wish to remain in to lose altitude, airspeed or gain extra time to get yourself set up for the approach. Without the OBS button, aircraft will enter holding pattern and continue the approach once it reaches the holding fix. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...