Heat Blur!?

Jampis Guest

Hi!

Could you guys please help me out with the heat blur?
does it even exist in fs04?
and if so, how the ***** do you enable it?

i have downloaded a aircraft that includes the "heat blur" but i can not see it? 😞

whats wrong? ❓

please help

Cheers 😉

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The chances are if you downloaded and installed "heat blur" and can't see it your settings are too low or your computer isn't up to displaying it.
What are your computer specs.
What is the name or a link to the "heat blur" program you downloaded.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm not sure about a download for the heat shimmer from engines, but if you have seen a picture with heat shimmer on, it is likely that it has been photoshopped 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry, I may be wrong here, but I assumed you didn't already have heat blur in FS9. If you don't then try this :

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/7100/do-you-smoke/

Sorry if I've misunderstood you 😉

Jampis Guest

Thanks man! 😀

Just what i needed, really appreciate this! 😀

thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey thanks guys, never knew this utility existed 😳

I can stop smoking cigars now in order to get that "As real as it gets" look around my monitor Ill

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I can stop smoking cigars now in order to get that "As real as it gets" look around my monitor Ill

😂

Last edited by Jonathan (99jolegg) on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I dont understand this - could someone tell me what heat blur is?

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain

Heat blur is the shimmer effect you see when a jet engine powers up due to the high temperature air it expells compared to the air surrounding the engine. On a hot day, you can see a smaller scale effect when the heat shimmers near the ground 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here is an example

http://www.airliners.net/photo/0948389/

notice the blurred effect just leaving the engines 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

That's also called Jet wash 😉

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

the utility you suggest just isn't practical for me, as you have to manually edit each aircraft in order for it to work. That would take a month of sundays for me!!

Anything that will just work?????

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Ah OK guys thanks 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Don't give up Micah, I just read the instructions, they are very clear and precise. The trick is - especially if you haven't done much editing before, just concentrate on your favourite a/c for starters. Just do one, no matter how long it takes you. Then fly it for a week. Do another one. Wait another week, and so on. Before you know it, you'll be doing the procedure by heart and in the process you've learned more than you thought you could in such a short time.
Satisfaction - Yeah!! 😀

Jampis Guest

Hi again!

the file seems to be very complicated to "install" and configure, but i have tried to get it work this last days but.... it just don't ?!

and i dont really understand the instructions very well 😞

has someone of you guys made it work?, then could you please please
help me out?!.... just a little..

Cheers! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'll download it now and have a go 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jampis wrote:

...and if so, how the ***** do you enable it?

i have downloaded a aircraft that includes the "heat blur" but i can not see it?

Hi Jampis,

help is never far away here at Flyaway. Sometimes it takes minutes, sometimes it takes days. Why is there such a difference?
It's all about trying to ask your question as clearly as possible and ...honesty.

Read the topic you started from the beginning and I'll point out a few things to you.
You posted your question: "Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:03 am". Only 13 minutes later: "Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:16 am", RadarMan, one of our moderators had already replied to you and asked you a question, which 2 days later: "Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:22 am", your most recent post, you still haven't answered. Your reluctance to help us so we can help you confuses matters and takes up a lot of time.

In your first post you said: "...and if so, how the ***** do you enable it?". I'm still not sure what "*****" means and it seems to have confused RadarMan as well. According to his reply, he must have thought that you'd already installed a 'heat blur' program. To help you (that's what he does), he tries to coax some more information out of you by asking:

What is the name or a link to the "heat blur" program you downloaded.

Even now you still haven't answered RadarMan's question. I know why... because you never had the program at that time. Had you been honest straight away, it would have saved a lot of time and saved everyone who's been trying to help you a lot of unnecessary work.

..i have downloaded a aircraft that includes the "heat blur" but i can not see it?

You wrote this in your first post. Now I have three simple questions for you:

*1) Where did you download that aircraft from and what is the name of the .zip file?

*2) How long have you been a member with surclaro.com for?

*3) Which part or parts of the file are you struggling with the most?

I expect it will take some time for you to answer those questions, so let's see if we can figure something out in the meantime.
I'd like to draw your attention to this document: ENGINE EXHAUST SYSTEM v2.
If you scroll down a bit you'll find this:

PLEASE NOTE:
As in all things there are exceptions, and in this case it is with David Maltby’s superb VC10, Trident and BAC 1-11 models. The control lines that follow are designed to be put into the aircraft.cfg as described, and also the two XML gauges can be used. However the dedicated panels for these planes already contain XML code to turn on [smokesystem] effects, so that it is necessary to ‘REM’ out the lines in the [smokesystem] section. You can do this by putting a semicolon (Wink at the start of the lines beginning ‘smoke.x=’. Otherwise you’ll get my heat effects PLUS David Maltby’s!

So in the meantime for a quick fix I suggest you go here ➡ http://www.vc10.net/index.html and download any of the aircraft mentioned above. As you can see, they already include the 'smoke effect'.

Next, let's go back to the ENGINE EXHAUST SYSTEM v2 document and scroll down until we come to this section:

AIRCRAFT.CFG LOCATION PARAMETERS:

Here are location values for the common freeware airliners out there. Please note that payware aircraft such as the Level D 767 and PMDG 737 series are not currently included. The effects should work but you may need to resolve any conflicts that may arise from the use of the [lights] section by these payware providers. Also, you’d need to figure out the locations yourself using the method I describe above, but they should not be very far away from the locations listed below.

Below this paragraph there is a long list of aircraft that are compatible with ees_v2.zip

You've got plenty of time... study the list carefully and decide which aircraft you want to start with. Stick to only one aircraft for the time being. Download it, install it and fly it for a week or two - this is to see whether in the end you really want to keep it.

Once you've made your decision and you still have difficulties installing the exhaust effects, come back and ask. Good luck 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...