*My Europe Tour*

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hey everyone,

At the moment I am doing a tour around Europe which includes various flights around the continent. I will be flying in my Michael Aviation (painted my Davec), in my A319 for all my legs of the tour.

I will post some reports on how each flight went as I do it, to let you know how I do. 🙂

My First Leg: Liverpool, UK - Amsterdam, Schipol

I took off from Liverpool, UK at approximately 12:31 pm GMT with the winds at a calm speed at 3 knots.
Whilst awaiting clearance to taxi to the runway I ran through the normal procedures for take-off. Finally given clearance after several aircraft had landed and taken off, I taxied to the runway. With winds coming from the North West and the sky with low clouds and a lot mist, I knew that I was in for a challenge! 😉

After take-off I set the A319 to autopilot and had a drink! 😎

Soon, I had reached my cruising altitudeof 28,000 feet. I noticed how high the clouds were and wondered if I were as high as I thought I was. Fear But I was of course!

With at least 1 hour into the flight I started my descent with 75nm to spare. I needed to descend a little faster as I did actually calculate my descent wrong lol Embarassed

Soon, I was within 10nm from the runway and was cleared to land at Amsterdam, Schipol. It was rather cloudy and very very windy on approach but nothing could stop me from making such a great landing(my landing was actually rather bumpy due to severe weather but hey :wink🙂

I landed at Amsterdam, Schipol at 13:45 PM GMT just in time for lunch 🙂

Thank You for reading this post and expect some more later and through out the up coming week!

Mike

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Interesting tour Mike 👍 Looking forward to reading more 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Nice tour, Mike! 😀

Any chance of pics? Unsure

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes Agus - I will post some pics for you all to see in a bit 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Cool! 😀 I'm looking forward to see the pics 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Looking forward to the rest of the tour Mike, and some screenshots would be awesome! 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great effort - nice "PIREP" Read 😀

Last edited by Tailhook on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total
Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Great stuff Mike!

I look foward to the rest of the tour- any chance you could provide an outline of the route your taking, like what airports and citys you will be stopping at?

I'll definetly be following your progress 'cause I love a good tour and can't wait for the screenshots 🙂

Good Luck mate!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well...Thank You all very much for your comments guys - and Cheeky - what I will do is design a map of all my routes on my tour also showing landmarks etc.. for you all to see and also some screenies will be on the way!!

Expect the next report today sometime - I live in the UK so its Morning right now!! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...