Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Re: Landing Lights

Pro Member Trainee
yankeeflyer72 Trainee

What settings do I need to change to see my landing lights from the cockpit. Aircraft.cfg, fs9.cfg, etc. The landing lights are working as I can see them from any view other than cockpit view. The aircraft doesn`t have a v/c. The spotlight bmp is showing on the ground as I taxi using the external above and behind position. Also in the external view from the front the lights are visible. This is only a problem with 2 of my aircraft out of 219 I have installed. I saw a work around for this problem some time back but at the time I didn`t have the problem so didn`t pay any attention to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Whilst in your cockpit, simply press the key "L" on your keyboard, this will switch on all your lights. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Since it effects only 2 of your a/c, I doubt that the fs9.cfg would be the file to be edited.

...aircraft.cfg is my guess. Scroll down till you get to the [electrical] part and see which lines are missing and then play around/adjust the parameters.

This is the part of the aircraft.cfg I'm talking about, taken straight out of the default b737_400 Arrow

[electrical]
;BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)
flap_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0
gear_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0
autopilot = 0, 5 , 17.0
avionics_bus = 0, 5, 17.0
avionics = 1, 5 , 17.0
pitot_heat = 0, 2 , 17.0
additional_system = 0, 2, 17.0
marker_beacon = 1, 2 , 17.0
gear_warning = 0, 2 , 17.0
fuel_pump = 0, 5 , 17.0
starter1 = 0, 20, 17.0
light_nav = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_beacon = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_landing = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_taxi = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_strobe = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_panel = 0, 5 , 17.0

This 'electrical' section is about half way down the (notepad)page.

If you manage to fix it this way, share your discoveries with us Idea

Pro Member Trainee
yankeeflyer72 Trainee

I have the landing lights and the correct amps, volts, and bus in the electrical section. The lights turn on and off and can be seen in ANY view except cockpit. All external, spot etc. You can see them activate on and off and the spotlight bitmap is visible in all views except cockpit. Seems like the work around had to do with cockpit views in the aircraft.cfg but I can`t remember what it was.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Because you're saying cockpit I'm thinking panel.

Try the panel.cfg -- the example I'm quoting below is again out of the default B-737 -- in the [Window00] section are are a couple of .bmp parameters Arrow

// Panel Configuration file
// Boeing 737-400
// Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

[Window Titles]
window00=Main Panel
window01=Radio Stack
Window02=GPS
window03=Throttle Quadrant
window04=Overhead Panel
window05=Compass
Window06=Mini Panel

[Window00]
file=Main_640.bmp
file_1024=Main_1024.bmp
size_mm=640
position=7
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL

Any luck?

Guest

Tried changing the window sizes in panel cfg and NO-GO. Tried duplicating other sizes from panels of aircraft that I have no trouble with, still NO-GO. The aircraft I`m having trouble with is the B-36 from Kazunori Ito, and the C-133 CargoMaster. Not sure where I got that one from. Guess I like the Oldie but Goodie prop jobs, huh...
I think I`d rather be back in the Arrow with gear problems. lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Tried changing the window sizes in panel cfg and NO-GO. Tried duplicating other sizes from panels of aircraft that I have no trouble with, still NO-GO. The aircraft I`m having trouble with is the B-36 from Kazunori Ito, and the C-133 CargoMaster. Not sure where I got that one from. Guess I like the Oldie but Goodie prop jobs, huh...
I think I`d rather be back in the Arrow with gear problems. lol

I'm sorry nothing has worked out so far. Throughout this thread I did keep in mind the fact that you mentioned .bmps in your original post.
I assume that you've already conducted some detective work iside your panel folders and had a good look at the .bmps.

I too have encountered instructions on how to change/edit .bmps for whatever reason but didn't pay much attention because I didn't need it at the time.
Then of course there is the mystreious .mdl which I haven't even attempted to crack yet.
Kazunori Ito is known for his outstanding work, having said that, the installation methods of his older creations are ambiguous at times.

I can't find the B-36 at the moment and the only Cargomaster is Tim Conrad's Arrow http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=cargomaster&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root

There are two updates on the same page but the ZipDives don't mention anything about lights.

I'll try and d/load the Cargomaster now if my ISP lets me, nice looking a/c --- I'm really getting curious now.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help, but I sure would like to know how this kind of problem can be fixed.

Guest

The B-36 came from www.fsdome.com The file is b36h5718.zip. It is a new file, being posted Nov 22, 2005. I agree that Ito`s work is usually excellent and this one is also. Graphics and construction is good. Flies very well. No complaints except can`t see landing lights from cockpit/panel view at night...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

The B-36 came from www.fsdome.com The file is b36h5718.zip. It is a new file, being posted Nov 22, 2005. I agree that Ito`s work is usually excellent and this one is also. Graphics and construction is good. Flies very well. No complaints except can`t see landing lights from cockpit/panel view at night...

I've decided not to install Tim Conrad's B-36 after having read everything included in the file and its updates. Very confusing and contradictory... the lot.

So now I've been looking for the b36h5718.zip at 'fsdome' -- maybe it's not my day... how does anyone find a particular file using that search engine? I started googling, ended up at simvation and 'fsimcafe' - some nice files there, but not the one I'm looking for. Still trying, if I find it, I'll get it! Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

The B-36 came from www.fsdome.com. The file is b36h5718.zip. It is a new file, being posted Nov 22, 2005. I agree that Ito`s work is usually excellent and this one is also. Graphics and construction is good. Flies very well. No complaints except can`t see landing lights from cockpit/panel view at night...

I've decided not to install Tim Conrad's B-36 after having read everything included in the file and its updates. Very confusing and contradictory... the lot.

So now I've been looking for the b36h5718.zip at 'fsdome' -- maybe it's not my day... how does anyone find a particular file using that search engine? I started googling, ended up at simvation and 'fsimcafe' - some nice files there, but not the one I'm looking for. Still trying, if I find it, I'll get it! Hack

b36h5718.zip
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2885/fs2002-fs2004-convair-b-36h-peacemaker/

That's one of the fastest servers I've run into in a long time.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks Radarman... got it, some days there seem to be so many trees but no forest Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

yankeeflyer72

I've installed the b36h5718.zip and it's doing my head in. I've got exactly the same problems as outlined in your original post.
I've absolutely no idea how to fix it and have run out of ideas where to look for a solution, except to try and see how Kazunori responds to e-mails.

To add to his many credits, his offer sounds very sincere:

Please give mail to the following mail address when there is a recommendation of making the opinion and the thing that doesn't come.

KzIT16643VT@aol.com

2005/11/17
Fukuoka, Japan

I might just do that because I've decided to keep this baby if I can find a satisfactory soundset... any recommendations?

Sorry I couldn't be of any help Wall Bashing

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1 You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics