Landing Lights

Pro Member Trainee
paramesh Trainee

Hello everyone,
Now i think most of u who were using fs2002 must have noticed this.
While Taxing during the night when i on the landing lights or the taxi lights for that matter i can"t see a thing.Those lights are supposed to be transparent but i find it totally opaque.
Can anyone help me in finding transperent landing lights. I will be Highly obliged Crying or Very sad
Its getting very frustrating. I am not able to fly during the night as a result.
Please help me.
bye and happy flying

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I hope I understand what you want, I never had FS2002.

rlights.zip

http://www.simradar.com/File/1808/New_taxiway_and_runway_lights_for_FS2004.html

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I know exactly what you are talking about - when you turn on the lights, the surrounding ground all goes white and its impossible to see where you are going - the only solution is to turn the lights of, or only turn the taxi lights on - not the landing lights, they are for the runway. Not sure if there is a fix for this, or its an invidvidual problem - but I have the same! 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 There are a few d/loads you might want to try that alter the landing lights ➡

xenon1.zip FS2004 Xenon Landing Lights from flightsim(its in the top 100 d/loads)

And if you search by name there is one by Paul Brand I use this but cannot find the filename at the moment

If and when Ill pop it in here

A few things to try

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

The Xenon lights are great, highly recommended - fixed the "whiteout" appearance! Gives a real Xenon glow and blue touch. Added to the file library, download it here:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/773/fs2004-xenon-landing-lights/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
paramesh Trainee

thank u very much for those replies. Those xenon lights are much better.
guess what- i just carried out my first night flight.
bye and happy flying

😀 Glad its all sorted now.......Ive remembered the other lights d/load just in case you want to try it
Its simply called "spotlight" and can be found at flightsim.com

More night flights now then?

Happy landings

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Oops! Forgot to log in Doh!

Pro Member Trainee
braddouglas Trainee

You know, you should try taxiing w/o lights, in fact flying Tomcats we are "encouraged" to taxi w/o lights all the time - heck on the boat we don't use lights although at times I wish I could blind the taxi director at the time (sometimes)!
Mugs

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...