Autoland feature on panel?

new_pilot Guest

Hello

Is it possible to have a panal with the autoland feature for boing 747 or any other plane I downlaod some file from utilities which says autoland but after installing i didnt get any icon on the panel of my aircrafts I have follows all instructions but still...can u pls helpme

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

This may sound like a stupid question and I may be slated for saying this.

What's with everyone wanting an autoland feature. I mean come on you pay many £$€ and you want an autoland feature seems like a waste of money to me.
Yes it is out there some where but I'll just stick to the good old way of manual approach and pressing the APP button when the vis gets to low it's more fun that way.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

To be honest ive started using FS more and more since I got the autoland feature. I dont let it do it all but I disengage it a few miles out and finish manually.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Do a search for the Greg 737 panel. I don't know about 747 panels.

Here's what it looks like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/mhoratio/greg001.jpg

new_pilot Guest

Thanks for your replies can you please tel me from where ca i find Greg 737 panel

wating for ur replies

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
new_pilot Guest

Thanks for the link to doad the panel ...but I am not able to install the panel I dont what I am doing wrong Can u please help me in instaling the panel

cheers

vik

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Have you read this? ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

In most of cases you have to install the panel folder from your ZiP file into your aircrafts folder(to the specific folder of your craft)and the gauges folder contents directly to your gauges folder.

Save somewhere your original panel file(it will be replaced from the new one) just in case you dont like the new one.

Aircraft folder and gauges folder are located to C/Program Files/Microsoft Games/FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

new_pilot wrote:

Thanks for the link to doad the panel ...but I am not able to install the panel I dont what I am doing wrong Can u please help me in instaling the panel

cheers

vik

The "How to install aircraft" -Sticky won't be of much use to you if you want to install Greg's panel. You have to concentrate on the 'readme Text Document'. It's not difficult, just follow the instructions one step after another.

Here is the important part:

Install
-------

Copy all files from gauges folder to the fs9 gauges folder.
Copy all files from sound folder to the main fs9 sound folder.
Copy FSsound.dll file from Modules folder to the fs9 Modules folder.
Copy all files from panel folder into the panel folder located in /FS9/Aircraft/b737_400

If you get an FSsound.dll warning when loading Flight Sim just add this line to your fs9.cfg file. FSsound.dll must be loaded for the crew annoucements and Altitude callouts to work.

[OLDMODULES]
FSsound.dll=1

Put your mind to it and you'll find it's nowhere near as difficult as it looks.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Right on Tailhook.

Installing the Greg takes a little more work, but if he follows your instructions to the letter, he will be fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're giving me credit I don't deserve Michael_H,

I merely copied the 'Install' part out of the readme file and put it in quotes in case new_pilot had overlooked it.

I want ask something about this greg autoland feature...

does this autoland means we just set the ILS Frequency in NAV1, and click the autoland, and the plane will land itself without any move of our keyboard / joystick anymore?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I want ask something about this greg autoland feature...

does this autoland means we just set the ILS Frequency in NAV1, and click the autoland, and the plane will land itself without any move of our keyboard / joystick anymore?

I personally don't use the 'autoland feature'.

The author, greg has included this in the readme file:

----------

Auto Land version 2.

Following pre-conditions are assumed:
1. Your are heading towards an ILS-slope with at least 10 nm left to the airport.
Your heading should not differ more than +-40 degrees from the runway.
2. You have tuned the ILS-frequency on Nav1-radio.
3. You have an altitude of at least 2000 ft above ground.
4. Your speed is not above 250 kt.

When aboved stated preconditions are fulfilled, you simply click at the gauge and everything will be set.
In short, the following happens:
1. ILS-approach mode is selected.
2. Speed is reduced.
3. Flaps are extended.
At radio-altitude 1500 ft:
4. Speed is reduced once again.
5. Flaps extended to maximum.
6. Gear is lowered.
7. Landing lights on
8. Spoilers armed.
At radio-altitude 50 ft:
9. AP and auto-throttle is disengaged.
At touch-down:
10. Full brakes applied.
11. Flaps retracted.
At full stop:
12. Spoilers disengaged.
13. The gauge is resetted.

Remember that you can always change the settings at the auto pilot panel although the gauge is activated. You can also disengage the gauge whenever you want during the approach. This make it easy to practice different things at different times.

----------

I hope this answers your question. Idea

I've tried the autoland feature... everything goes well..

but i got crash when it land on the runway...

where do I go wrong?

or maybe the autoland is semi-autoland ?? should we control the aircraft when it is about 5 nm from the runway ?

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

or maybe the autoland is semi-autoland ??

No, autoland means what it says. It will land the airplane just exactly as the author Greg describes above and bring the aircraft to a stop.

It works very well actually, although not as well as the feature in the PMDG 737 ng.

Look again at your speed, position relative to runway angle, altitude and other settings and keep trying it over and over again and eventually you will figure out what you are doing wrong...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Why don't you just try and land it yourself after it brings you down a bit...It's really not that hard. Besides, if you NEED the autoland, then you're probably not very good at hand-flying an approach IMHO

thx.. I will try it anyway

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

While it is not something that I use on a regular basis, I,m sure that my passengers are much more at ease knowing that AUTO LAND is available as we start or approach in that blinding snow storm.

Auto Land, like all tools, use it, but do not depend 100% on it as you will loose proficiency. If you rely 100% on something you are in trouble when it fails.

geobas Guest

l would agree with FHeselton .
However the panel is meant for the 737-400 only and even on that
whenever l tried it at about 50 feet before landing it switches off the
AP and Autothrottle , the nose goes down sharply and you crash , unless you manage to bring the nose last minute .

pf Guest

Hi all

Was searching for 'autoland' when I landed in this interesting
old thread.

I used the autoland program, and like someone mentioned earlier,
it 'deliberately crashed the 737' at high speed -
killing all my terrified passengers! Embarassed

I have not made a single successful autolanding inspite of
following gregg's instruction.

I still prefer using autopilot approach and switching to manual
control. Its not always easy for me, but I do succeed once a while.

Has anyone actually used this autoland facility, and it works
all the time?

Best regards 😀

pf

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I have tried that Autoland feature, which limited success. It isn't a complex system ins this case, which is reflected in its workings. If you want a complex and accurate Autoland feature then try a payware aircraft.

😉

Hi Jon

I think I just need to practice more manual landings.
It's difficult, but actually quite challenging.

Actually I am starting to doubt the reliability of the
autoland program.

Btw, do you know where to find the fs9.cfg folder in your system ?
I need to add sound.dll to it, for my newly installed panel.

Thanks! 😀

pf

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Name*\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9

😉

Thanks Jon

🍻

pf

i am on the fence with auto land. i like to land manually as its more fun, but i am still a novie with flying and so when i have the more extreme weather i find it harder to land. and fsp doesnt like my extreme weather landings........

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...