Spoilers asignment on joystick

Pro Member Trainee
Matt Thaler (Pirates2010) Trainee

Hey all,

I just bought an Saitek X52 Flight Control System. BEST joystick I have ever used!!!

Anyway, about the question. I want to program the spoilers on the "precision contol slide" but I don't know how to do it. I can program everything else but I don't know how to program the spoilers on a slide, any directions?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm not sure why you can't do it. If you go into assignments, and try and change the spoilers whilst moving the slide, does it have no effect?

Pro Member Trainee

Ok, well I was using Saitek's assignment software.

If I do it throught MSFS changing assingment thing it just doesn't work and to do it through the Saitek's software you need a keyboard assignment (A.K.A. Shift+E for opening door) to enter in and the only assignment is Spoilers fully extend/retract.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Pirates2010 wrote:

Hey all,

I just bought an Saitek X52 Flight Control System. BEST joystick I have ever used!!!

Anyway, about the question. I want to program the spoilers on the "precision contol slide" but I don't know how to do it. I can program everything else but I don't know how to program the spoilers on a slide, any directions?

Try this. Go to the profile editor and load the default profile for FS2004. I'm assuming that is what you are working with. Scroll down to the precision slide and right click on it. Select bands and set at 0 to 100%. Then bring up the list of commands and scroll down to spoilers and select that.

I don't fly anything with the spoilers so I can't actually try it but that may get you what you want.

I agree, the X-52 is the best.

Pro Member Trainee

Warhawk42,

Ok, I have everything up to the "Then bring up the list of commands and scroll down to spoilers and select that."

I have no idea what list you are talking about, care to clarify and thanks for the help

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Pirates2010 wrote:

Warhawk42,

Ok, I have everything up to the "Then bring up the list of commands and scroll down to spoilers and select that."

I have no idea what list you are talking about, care to clarify and thanks for the help

By right clicking you should get the list of commands to chose from. Clicking on that command will set it to the selected control you have chosen, in this case the slider.

I tried setting the slider up for a different command after I posted to you and it wasn't successful, in fact I had to download the profile and install it again to clear up the problem.

If it does give you problems and you have to reinstall the original profile I suggest when making changes to give it a different name than the original before you save it. It could save some time and trouble.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Pirates2010 wrote:

Ok, well I was using Saitek's assignment software.

If I do it throught MSFS changing assingment thing it just doesn't work and to do it through the Saitek's software you need a keyboard assignment (A.K.A. Shift+E for opening door) to enter in and the only assignment is Spoilers fully extend/retract.

Sliders are addressed in the FS assignments in the "Axis" tab. You will have to determine which axis that slider is and then assign it in the axis assignment. I use a slider for the spoilers on my CH throttle quadrant and I suspect the axis assignment will work on the X-52.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...