Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Spoilers...How to Auto Deploy???

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Dear Fellow Simmers,

First post in a while.Touch wood I've had no probs for a while but there is something I thought forum members might be able to help with.

Would anyone know the modification required to the Aircraft cfg to enable me to "Arm" my spoilers prior to landing so they deploy automatically on touchdown? At the moment I have to deploy manually on touch down using / or shift+/.

It would be one thing less to think about during that critical aspect of the flight.

warmest regards

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Shift + / arms the spoilers

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Not on my rig it does'nt FEM. That keystoke deploys them. I fly SGA Super 80's so I'm thinkin' there has to be a mod to the SGA aircraft cfg.

thanks!

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

That's unusal...Troubleshoot it with another aircraft and see if they arm and deploy then...if that's the case, it's the aircraft's problem...Sorry I'm not too sure how to fix it on the SGA one if it's a config problem

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I have two SGA a/c, an MD-80 and MD-83. Neither have spoiler arming available. Looked in their respective aircraft .cfg files (my others too) but cannot identify the mods. Seems only my SGA aircraft are missing this. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Bring up your throttle quadrant and use your mouse to move the speed brake handle to "Arm" and the spoilers will deploy automatically on touchdown.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

If you are on the ground and press Shift + / the spoilers will deploy until you move the throttle forward. If you are on the air, arm the spoilers by pressing Shift + / and they will deploy when you apply reverse thrust. I don't know if that happens with SGA but that's how it works in all my aircrafts.

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Thanks for your replies guys but Michlin is correct. While shift+/ will arm spoilers in many aircraft alas, this is not the case with the SGA MD-8X series of aircraft. I just though that perhaps some other "Mad Dog" driver had cracked this minor but annoying glitch!

Thanks again

kevin