spoilers

starfoxfalcon Guest

when coming in for a landing you have to set your spoilers.could you let me know how you set them properly.I find when desending that i i desend to slow.Maybe it is just me.i know your desend rate can not be to steep of an angle .Is there anything i should know about my desend rate

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Descent rate depends on a few factors. For a routine value, I would use 2000 FPM. Hit [Shift+ / ] on approach, this will arm the spoiler for auto-deploy during landing. Spoilers should only be deployed in-flight as necessary, don't use spoilers lower than 1,000 Ft. AGL. 🙂

CRJCapt wrote:

Descent rate depends on a few factors. For a routine value, I would use 2000 FPM. Hit [Shift+ / ] on approach, this will arm the spoiler for auto-deploy during landing. Spoilers should only be deployed in-flight as necessary, don't use spoilers lower than 1,000 Ft. AGL. 🙂

Why not? I set my altitude to 20 ft above the runway, make sure I'm not too far left or right, then I hit the spoilers/kill the throttle and BAM! I'm on the runway in no time! Very Happy

Sphagnum1 Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

Why not? I set my altitude to 20 ft above the runway, make sure I'm not too far left or right, then I hit the spoilers/kill the throttle and BAM! I'm on the runway in no time! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Whatever works for you. 😀

Sphagnum1 Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

Whatever works for you. 😀

Works for me, not so much for my passengers or my repair crew.... 😂

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

If you notice on commercial flights the captain deploys the spoilers as soon as the airplane touches down. He/She also puts the engines into reverse.

Its fine whatever works for you.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

If I am coming in to fast and not decending fast enough i usually put them quickly on and off. This usually works and as soon as I hit the run-way i put the spoilers up and reverse thrust. I don't use the brake though.
But depends on how good a pilot you are. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If you open the throttle window,you should see the spoiler arm.To set it just move it to the 1st mark.Now as soon as the main gear touches the ground,up pop the spoilers 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

if i follow checklist procedure and arm spoilers during approac, my airplane slowly increases vertical speed. i normally do what i see commercial pilots do and just arm the spoilers at touchdown.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Boy, this sure was a difficult birth. All this just to establish that to 'deploy' the spoilers and to 'arm' the spoilers have two different meanings and lo and behold 😳 different effects.

CRJCapt spelled it out loud and clearly in his first reply to the original question

... this will arm the spoiler for auto-deploy during landing.

Read Idea

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...