MSFS 2020 SPOILERS ARMING AND AUTO DEPLOYMENT

Pro Member Trainee
Daraious Billimoria (Daraious) Trainee

Is there a way to "arm" the spoilers the way we could do it in FSX with ( SHIFT + / ) ?
It was a handy way to have the spoilers deploy automatically on touch down.  At the moment all I could find was the straight "deployment" using the "/" on the numeric keypad.
Has anyone figured out how to do auto-deployment on landing?  

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

Arming the lever in the cockpit will do the trick. Move it to the first detent postion.

Pro Member Trainee
Daraious Billimoria (Daraious) Trainee

@jlaurie

Thank you.  I am going to try this.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

I understand that you're looking for a way to "arm" the spoilers in MSFS 2020, similar to how it was done in FSX using (SHIFT + /). It's always nice to have familiar controls and features available in the latest simulators, and I'd be happy to help you with your query.

To achieve the auto-deployment of spoilers upon touchdown in MSFS 2020, you can follow these steps:

1. First, open the Controls menu in the simulator by going to the Options and selecting Controls.
  2. Make sure your desired controller or keyboard is selected in the top left corner, then click on the FILTER dropdown and select All to see all available control bindings.
  3. In the search bar, type "spoilers" to filter the relevant control options.
  4. Look for the SET SPOILERS ARMED or SPOILERS ARM ON/OFF control binding.
  5. Click on the control binding and assign your desired key combination, for example, you can use the same (SHIFT + /) from FSX.
  6. Finally, apply and save the changes by clicking on the Apply & Save button.

By following these steps, you should now have the ability to arm the spoilers with your chosen key combination, allowing them to auto-deploy upon touchdown, similar to the FSX functionality.

It's worth noting that the availability of this feature might also depend on the specific aircraft you are flying, as some may have different options and configurations when it comes to spoilers.

I hope this helps you enjoy a more familiar and smooth experience in MSFS 2020. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...