Nose Pitch Too High

k_camacho11 Guest

In another forum, I was explained that the higher you fly, the thinner the air is. So for example, if I have Speed Hold indicator to 385 KIAS...i just have to change the SPD to MACH on the autopilot? But the problem I have is...why does the nose tend to pitch up on the planes? I use default 737/747/777 planes in FS2004...I climb to FL32, put forth max thrust and the nose is pitching high like if the aircraft is climbing but its not?? Thats not realistic at all...u never see planes crusing at 35,000 ft with their nose pitched high.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

FL320 at 375 KIAS is a True air speed of 584 KTAS or 672 MPH or Mach 1 (the speed of sound). You've been messing with your config files because a Boeing 777 can't go that fast. 😳

Max indicated is 330 KIAS and Max Mach is .84

Last edited by CRJCapt on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total
k_camacho11 Guest

No..I was just making an example.....MY POINT IS: that at FL32...with Maximum Thrust....the planes's nose pitch are too high, like if the plane is climbing but it's not.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

How high would you judge it to be in degrees?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

How nose-high are we talking about? If it's around 5 degrees then that's fairly normal, planes do cruise nose-high.

Also, if you are heavily loaded (i.e., full fuel and payload), your plane will be struggling to keep afloat at FL350, and will probably have full engine thrust and be quite nose high. Realistically if you have to take off close to the max weight, you would start your cruise much lower (FL300, FL320, something like that) and then step climb as you burn more fuel and become lighter.

k_camacho11 Guest

Im not sure..but the pitch is high...its well over 5 degrees. And no my plane is not overweight or anything. By the way..I've been in a 757 at 37,000 ft traveling to Punta Cana, D.R...and it was very well leveled.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Slow your aircraft to 310 KIAS which is about Mach .83 and the pitch should reduce to about 3-4 degrees which is normal. Your exaggerated pitch is because you are outside the normal flight envelope of the B-777. 🙂

The Artificial horizon has an airplane symbol and is in the middle of the panel. There is a graduated scale where the first line is 2.5 degrees and the next is 5 degrees. Between those two lines in normal.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

If I may add, DON'T apply max thrust either. It's not nesessary to have 100% N1 during cruise. You'll burn through way too much fuel that way. Also, it is perfectly normal to have 5-7 degrees of nose up pitch during cruise. You wouldn't notice a pitch angle like that in real life, it would seem perfectly level to you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

k_camacho11 wrote:

No..I was just making an example.....MY POINT IS: that at FL32...with Maximum Thrust....the planes's nose pitch are too high, like if the plane is climbing but it's not.

What I don't understand is if you're cruising at FL320 even at max. Mach .84 -- why would you have Maximum Thrust? Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

He wouldn't...It's not needed. Makes you wonder why though 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

He wouldn't...It's not needed. Makes you wonder why though 😕

So perhaps this is the source of the problem?

In order to be able to activate the Mach Hold Switch, Auto Throttle has to be in the On position.

That being the case, Thrust input on the flight controls such as joystick will be overridden -- which... would make it impossible to arrive at Maximum Thrust.

Does this make sense?

Pro Member Chief Captain

It does to me at least...then again it IS 4:04AM... 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Meaning...? Whistle

ROFL

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...