NAV/APP Hold???

k_camacho11 Guest

What is the difference between the NAV/APP Hold?? I use ILS to land and the aircraft picks up the runway perfectly with the NAV hold. What is the difference if I choose APP hold?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

k_camacho11 wrote:

What is the difference between the NAV/APP Hold?? I use ILS to land and the aircraft picks up the runway perfectly with the NAV hold. What is the difference if I choose APP hold?

The APP will keep you aircraft on the glide path controling the planes altitude as you go in for the landing.

k_camacho11 Guest

So the plane will climb down gradually by itself with the APP hold? Isn't that like an Autoland?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

k_camacho11 wrote:

Isn't that like an Autoland?

Not quite

Autoland is just that,a fully automated landing
App/hold uses the ILS freqs to guide the aircraft down only.Most pilots will hand land the aircraft from 3000ft down to as little as 400ft depending on the airline rules

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...